1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PlayMemories Home

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by weekender.blog, Jul 7, 2019.

1. weekender.blog

weekender.blog New Member

About a year ago I bought a Sony DSC-HX60V for my travel and blogging, and I'm very pleased with it. I have just started using the Sony PlayMemories (Home and Online) software with it and am just having one slight issue I can't seem to solve.

I have the camera set up to use date in the format Y-M-D (2019-07-07) but when PlayMemories transfers my photos to my laptop it creates folders with the format D-M-Y (07-07-2019) so they can't be sorted in to order.

Is there a way to get the folders created with the date format Y-M-D?

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

If there is no format setting within the software options then possibly it picks up the date format from your PC, try going into the control panel and finding the date format control (possibly it's under regions or similar) and see if setting the date option to year:month:date makes a difference.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I have the problem that I started using Canon EOS-utility for downloads which, by default, names folders yyyy_mm_dd. There are a lot of them so I decided to stick with the format. For my Fuji cameras I manually create, or rename, the folder depending on how I download the pics.

4. weekender.blog

Thank you, that has solved the issue. It saves me renaming the folders every time I import photographs. :)

5. weekender.blog

I like that format as you can sort them in to order on your computer.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Yes - I have a top higher level folder which is year. Nowadays I use Lightroom to index the pictures themselves but I started off using Flickr to add keywords and sort by subject (Albums) so I could find the pic on Flickr, get the date, find the original on the disk. I still tend to do this but I let Lightroom do all the heavy lifting.