1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It's OK I'll go with you! 9 stone me. :)

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

alfbranch and EightBitTony like this.
  3. dream_police

alfbranch and EightBitTony like this.
  4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Very interesting link thanks for posting

5. dream_police

Another graffitt/street art from Brick Lane area, London.
    I know that all it is, is someones else's "art" but I quite like recording them.

Volde-Mogg.

[​IMG]Volde mogg by Nigel G, on Flickr

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You know it's autumn when all the naked trees flaunt themselves at you :eek: :eek: :eek::...

Panasonic G2 8GB P1210493.JPG

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02322.JPG

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02324.JPG

AlanW likes this.
  9. dream_police

mine look to be genitally themed. Pure coincidence though.

Crossing Westminster Bridge, and the patterns of sunlight through the walls reminded me of something.:)

[​IMG]March of the penii by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  10. Andy1175

Andy1175 Well-Known Member

Staying with the light pattern theme. Sorry, no genital influences here. :)

[​IMG]

11. Andy1175

Andy1175 Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't realise that image was so big. tried to replace it with a smaller one but stupid edit time limit stopped me.

12. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Fascinating. But we had control of the skies by then and bombing raids were far fewer I think.

13. RovingMike

Yes, it was not until a plane literally fell out of the sky that the Americans had to alter the standard average weights that they were applying to number of passengers.

14. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Absolutely true - but with Avro Lancaster production taking place in Chadderton, Oldham and additional parts for the Lancaster as well as the production of Avro Ansons and Bristol Blenheims taking place at Mather & Platt's Park Works in Newton Heath, a lick of paint to confuse any bombers was a small price to pay!

The main Park Works building has now been demolished, but the old Co-Op Biscuit Factory opposite on the corner of Ten Acres Land and Briscoe Lane is still standing, and on the small tower on top of the remaining building at the junction of the two roads, you can still (just about) see the mountings for the anti-aircraft gun that was placed there on Google satellite view!

Cheers, Jeff

15. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My wife waited (on a very cold morning) while I took this shot. I think I was intrigued by the flowing curves.

_IGP1510 1000.jpg

alfbranch likes this.
  16. RovingMike

This amused me in my wanderings.

[​IMG]

17. dream_police

And to continue my Street art/graffiti/genital theme. It made me smile with the word "insert" being there.

[​IMG]erectile dysfunction by Nigel G, on Flickr

18. dream_police

If only it was an amusing thing though. (Not criticising you for your comment though).

RovingMike likes this.
  19. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Nothing at all to do with the preceding. I've never before seen one of these cranes. Unlike a tower crane the counterweight is at the ground and connected via a pivot system. It also looks as if the main arm can be extended to widen the reach. Presumably it rotates. This was taken on a Sunday with no working taking place. I'll have to go back and see it in action.

[​IMG]DSCF3691.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

dogwalk.jpg