1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

And they still love their fax machines too...

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

As does the Observer - you can still enter the Everyman Crossword comp by fax! :eek:;)

3. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Sound business reasons for keeping both. Pagers are not affected by the tech used to stop X-rays leaking to areas of hospitals where they are not needed, and so are more reliable in some situations than mobiles. Mobiles are, in any case, prohibited in large areas of hospitals.

As for the fax, I can't recall the exact details but they have a higher status legally than e-mails.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Turned up at Chipstead FC yesterday in rain, mud, cold etc to see them play FC Romania in FA Trophy. Interested to see this sign, so returned my knuckle dusters, bog rolls, broken bottle and zombie knives to the boot of the car.

[​IMG]Chipstead FC by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

El_Sid likes this.
  5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

We have similar signs at the rugby club. I coached mini & junior rugby for many years and have enough stories about the antics of spectators and coaches to write a book. The worst has to be when I was refereeing a primary school tag rugby tournament. I ended up evicting the headteacher of one school from the side lines.

RovingMike likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes, I've seen fights between parents.:)

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

30592cess.jpg
    They have disabled mooring posts on the Thames in Staines. And judging by the corrosion, have had for some time.

It's upside down because the murky grey at the top is the Thames and
    a) I can't swim
    b) it looks wrong if you rotate the pic.​

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

It's a man in a coracle :)

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Don't see all that many coracles in Staines.

Mind you, their seem to be a lot of outrigger canoes about these days. Wonder why that is.