1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

It deesnt come across as anything like “leavers”.... more like just the people at the bottom.... in which case it is incredibly patronising

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If you think I'm being patronising you clearly didn't understand what I wrote. Find an 11 year old and ask them to explain it to you. :rolleyes:

3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I understood the same as others did, perhaps you should be clearer in the way you express yourself. It’s not the first time you’ve been “misunderstood”
    Not too worry

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

To turn around a quote from D H Lawrence:
    What the mind doesn't understand, the eye doesn't see...

5. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I understand that

6. Andrew Flannigan

...and it's not the first time you've "misunderstood" what I've written.

7. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Yes dear

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Which on balance is possibly more patronising. Keep at it, you're getting towards where your erstwhile mentor left off.

But not having an 11YO to hand, I'll have to ask who is it you are quoting as referring to those guys as "little people"? And why do you not think that even referring to them in your own language as important is patronising? Why is, say, a waiter in a cafe on NMW not just as important as they are? Do explain this ranking of "importance" that is in your mind, so we can share.

9. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Isn't Mamiya an Abba song?

Sorry if this is a repeat but I haven't red the thread.

MickLL

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

No, that one's My Mamiya.

Adrian

peterba likes this.
  11. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Here we go again.

12. Andrew Flannigan

13. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'm not a teenager anymore. So again??

14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

It's amazing what people throw away, and where. This is just the latest item dumped by this litter bin - others include a bag of old clothes and a broken perambulator! :eek:

[​IMG]
    Old Barbecue
    by SteveH, on Flickr

daft_biker and Dan S like this.
  15. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Many people would have put that on ebay for a fiver.

16. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Maybe that's just an overflow bin, or a baby bin standing next to its father? So many possibilities :D

dream_police likes this.
  17. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

A touch of the surreal on Lothian Road, Edinburgh this afternoon . . . . .

DSC7072 Lothian Rd Beggar.jpg

daft_biker likes this.
  18. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Just too lazy to taker to the dump. People do that around here with fridges etc, knowing the Irish Travellers will be round and take anything left out. Must admit, when we were rebuilding and had anything large, we made a lot of use of them as scavengers too. Just used to hang a sign on saying Please Take and it would be gone.

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My daughter did this with an old fridge. It didn't go, so she stuck a notice saying "for sale £25". It was nicked by the next morning.

RovingMike likes this.
  20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I recently discovered that 10% of the world's remaining active pagers are in the NHS.