1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Jeff. It seems ages since we had digital medium format images posted on the forum (either Exhibition or Appraisal, I can't remember). Those I think were beach scenes taken with a Pentax. Very interesting, look forward to seeing more.

2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

The South Devon coast is a treacherous piece of coastline, with a history of many shipwrecks. It’s also an exceedingly pleasant place to sit and admire the view, on a sunny afternoon. :)

On the left-hand side of the photo, you can just see a small bench seat, with a path leading to it. I spent an enjoyable few minutes in a kind of day-dream there - watching the seabirds on the rocky island (to the right of the picture). The island is just separated from the shore by around 10 to 15 metres. The bench is situated at a height of around 30metres above sea-level, and the ground falls away quite steeply, from just below the bench, down to the water.

A7204322 crop.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Dan S and Catriona like this.
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Great idea. You are so lucky having the space! I'm fascinated by the metal (?balance, automaton?) beside the wee man. :)

dream_police likes this.
  5. dream_police

It’s a little set of brass scales. Back from my days as a drug dealer.

The wee man is Trump having a dump.

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

I used to have a boxed set of scales. Very cute, they were. I love beautifully made precision engineering.

7. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I came across this jet engine attached to a sinclair C5. The owner said it will keep pushing until it reaches the speed of sound.... But he hasn't tried it!

[​IMG]jet powered by Dan, on Flickr

dream_police and MJB like this.
  8. dream_police

I wouldn't want to even hit 30MPH in that!

peterba likes this.
  9. Some pics from the garden.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan S and steveandthedogs like this.
  10. Looks like I've hi jacked another post. Sorry for that but I can't see any provision
    on this site for editing or deleting. Moderators Please move or delete.
    ManyThanks

11. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Er, why?

It's about things interesting. These are. To me, anyway.

S

contax wide boy likes this.
  12. dream_police

You can't really hijack this thread, it has many posts from different people. That is the idea.

Dan S and contax wide boy like this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I'm agreeably surprised by how many and varied the posts have been. Keep it up! :D

Dan S likes this.
  14. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That first photo looks like something Jim Henson might have created

15. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

haha Yes. When I spoke to the owner he never really explained why he had attached a jet engine to his C5, yet he happily agreed it was an incredibly dangerous thing to do.

16. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Do you have to have a reason for doing something incredibly dangerous? Besides, a jet-powered C5 has an impeccable safety record, as I can find no record of any accidents.

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Fly this thread to Cuba!

S

peterba likes this.
  18. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

haha that's true, no accidents so far :D He did have it tethered to his truck to hold it back, although I had concerns about his boy scout knot!

19. dream_police

Close. Peru.

Currently sat in Schiphol for the next 3 1/2 hours before our flight to Lima. I love travelling, but really hate this part.

This airport is huge. It took almost as long from landing to arrival at the gate as it took for a taxi ride to the airport from home, then longer from that gate for us to walk to our next gate area.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Catriona likes this.
  20. Catriona

Take care of your cases!!! It was the only airport in all my travels, that luggage booked in early was stolen from.
    Safe journey and happy landings. :)

dream_police likes this.