1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Now I am on my mac, I have just noticed that my photos are extremely big. Uploaded from my phone, sorry about that.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Please tell me you did do the cups in front of the sign telling people not to leave cups on the shelf. You did, didn't you?

Catriona likes this.
  3. dream_police

You know something Mike. I am embarrassed to say I did not see that until I looked st the photo later on. In my defence it was massively busy.
    I had a crap day really. I missed another sign on another shot earlier too!

RovingMike likes this.
  4. dream_police

This is what I saw. Not the best photo in the world I accept in either case.

edit bike.jpg

And perhaps if I'd opened my bloody eyes a bit more I would perhaps have noticed this other sign

bike.jpg

contax wide boy and Catriona like this.
  5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Much safer than leaving bikes on the pavement where they make it difficult to park your 4x4.

daft_biker likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

We could do a whole thing on bike parking, it is an art form all of its own:

[​IMG]Except Cycles by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

[​IMG]Hanging Bike by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Couple of randy(?) deer running about the woods making loads of noise this morning....

deer-1.jpg

deer-2.jpg

deer-3.jpg

deer-4.jpg

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Testing a camera the other day (more news when I've finished!), I was looking at the results and, having to crop like mad, found the following in one of the pics:
    07725ces.jpg

The green beasty I'm fairly confident in identifying as a speckled bush cricket. However, anyone able to identify the brown thing on the left?

Both had, of course disappeared when I returned with my Olympus with the macro lens!

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

daft_biker likes this.
  10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Today's headline in the local national paper (the P & J (Press & Journal))
    "Vacuum cleaner thugs jailed over bid to kill friend"

I know it was a serious crime and a brutal attack, but all the same... my imagination worked overtime.

11. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

One of my favourite headlines from 18th March 2010 . . . . . .

'Leprechaun' shot dead by police on St Patrick's Day

12. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Possibly unique, certainly a very rare occurence. I've been assured by bird of prey conservationists that buzzards can't use wing beats to hover like a kestrel. Apologies for the crap photos, I was set up for insects not birds in flight.

buz1.jpg
    buz2.jpg
    buz3.jpg
    buz4.jpg
    buz5.jpg

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I'll try to remember to ask my old boy about that...... I've never seen them doing it anyway.... until now!:cool:

Funnily enough I was geared up for arachnids and ended up shooting a Buzzard too...

buzzard-off.jpg

....and an insect.....
    burnet-moth-1.jpg

burnet-moth-2.jpg

There's a cracker of a jumping spider where I went but it was trying to attack me the other day so I'm hoping to find it again when it's in a better mood. Today wasn't that day:).

MJB likes this.
  14. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Those are interesting, Martin. I've seen buzzards hovering a couple of times, but never had a camera to hand, and they are nowhere near as good as kestrels are at it. Windy day?

Adrian

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

A racing squirrel?:rolleyes:
    racing-squirrel.jpg

racing-squirrel-2.jpg
    :cool:

MJB and dream_police like this.
  16. dream_police

Well it’s certainly bigger than our friends stupid little dachshund. Yappy thing.

daft_biker likes this.
  17. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Don’t knock ‘em. We used to have a cat that loved them. Unfortunately she ate the whole local population... :cool:

dream_police likes this.
  18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Shaushages, shaushages! Yum yum!

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It was a pretty still day. In fact it was perfect conditions for a buzzard to hook up to a thermal rather than expend all that energy trying to hover.

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

We have new neighbours who have three dachshund. My lurcher is a bit confused by them. I don't think he knows whether he's supposed to eat it, fight it or f**k it.

AndyTake2 and dream_police like this.