1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something for the weekend, Sir?

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by PhotoEcosse, Oct 16, 2013.

1. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Using a maximum 2-hour flight from UK as the limit, where would you choose to go for a weekend of eating, drinking and amazing photographic opportunities?

My vote would be for Iceland.

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Malta. ABSOLUTELY no question: http://www.rogerandfrances.com/subscription/pst malta.html

Also silly-cheap. Check special offers.

Then again, I like thousands of years of history, plus people and architecture and landscapes and seascapes... If you like other things, maybe you'd prefer somewhere else.

Cheers,

R.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not much wrong with home - Isle of Skye perhaps. Iceland is high on my list too especially now we have a direct flight from Edinburgh.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I do rather like Malta, and Mrs Zou has never been. Really ought to do something about that but Japan to see the in-laws is next year's trip, so it may be a while yet.

5. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

I like Malta too, Roger. Unfortunately, from North Britain, it is outside the 2-hour limit. And the standard of driving is a wee bit scary. Best to go outwith their tourist season, in my experience (but that applies to lots of places).

6. mmab

mmab Well-Known Member

Not sure of the flying times but I'd love to go to Portugal during the flamenco shows - all the colourful dresses , beautiful horses , beautiful women and lots of dancing ! Might get around to it one day !
    other than that I'd love to go to the Camargue in France ( horses again ! ) ... and Prague , or any of the other countries with fantastic old architecture and history .

7. barry_scott

barry_scott Well-Known Member

Paris at night is amazing and is hour and ten.

8. flaresnslippers

flaresnslippers Active Member

Amsterdam is great this time of year. Also heard Belguim is amazing around christmas times with all the markets. Could make for some interesting photos.

9. Steve Bell

Steve Bell Well-Known Member

I'd agree with Amsterdam, it's an amazing city. So much to shoot during the day, and the canals at night are very photogenic. Best of all, it's so easy to walk everywhere.

10. Mikerocks

Mikerocks Well-Known Member

The Western Isles. Beaches, sea, mountains and only a short flight from the mainland. If you go to Barra you could have all four of these things together, but my preference would be for Harris.

Mike

11. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

I'd have to try and find a slightly faster flight and get to Venice - I really loved that place

12. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Definately the Highlands.

13. mattmoo

mattmoo Active Member

Prague or porto. Lots to see in both cities.

14. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Yes I will go for Paris too, its a lovely romantic place too.......don't take the wife though!.......or the husband! or who ever..........

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014