1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some trees from February

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by alfbranch, Jun 16, 2019.

1. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of shots from what was mostly a dull morning at Buttermere that got out nicely as I passed Crummock water I did process a shot from the morning went back and found these in the set from the morning
    I am trying some square crops too

[​IMG]Crummock water morning reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

There had been a workshop round this tree when I arrived and I was happy shooting away from it but took this anyway as I went for a look around

[​IMG]Buttermere reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Top lovely. Bottom I'd suggest move a bit to the left to have clear water at where the tree breaks the surface and equalises the reflection. As it is the refection looks longer than the tree is tall and this feels uncomfortable. I'm not looking at it on a monitor so it might be an artefact of shadows not being resolved.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Both extremely nice - I have a soft spot for Crummock Water, which must feel like Miss World's sister.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by the long reflection - though in both cases I might take a sliver off teh top, in the first just to match the reflection and in the second to make the hills a little less central.

Adrian

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Think you're right about that. It is a bit muddled round that area. But nice shots.

5. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter
    I see what you mean about the second not a lot to do about it now I suspect but should think about that a bit more. I felt I was just going through the motions at the time on a dull morning in place I have shot in great light so maybe more attention could have been paid.

Thanks Adrian
    I like Crummock but it can be harder to get a good shot but when the light works with you there are some great shots to be had

Thanks |Mike