1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sold our first G9 today :o

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Noooo Jack, I'll just drug the wife for the duration of the flight and I have a handy travel trunk :eek:

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Well the cheap return fare is £433 or for 10 days / 11 nights including hotel and motor home £725 https://www.trailfinders.com/flights/Vancouver/from/London/Economy
    A cottage that I stayed at four years ago in Padstow, Cornwall was £1200 - Nice cottage, but go and figure. UK, holidays are a rip off.

I used to know a guy who lived in Victoria who managed the Marks & Spencer store there and we often talked about going over. Sadly he retired and moved to Florida to an Astronomy community someone set up.

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I knew that there had to be a less dramatic solution than my idea, Mark :)

cheers,

Jack

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Well, Mark, if you can sus out a cheap flight to Vancouver, here is an inexpensive hotel in downtown Vancouver where I, on occasion,
    have stayed a few times and a few mates have stayed a few times, when visiting Vancouver :)

The Barclay Hotel -- http://barclayhotel.com/affordable-hotel-vancouver-rates

Cheers :D

Jack

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I note that the G9 is a DC G9 and not a DMC G9 (Panny have been prefixing their mirrorless models DMC for Digital MIrrorless Camera since the G1 was launched); I asked one of their staff at The Photography Show about this, and they could only think that the parent company have decided that people are not worried about knowing whether or not the camera is mirrorless anymore !

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

So they have... Looking on the Panny UK website their last camera with a DMC model reference was the GX80. I guess since they don't make cameras with mirrors the 'M' was a bit superfluous...

7. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

I have been using my G9 for just over three weeks now, still learning how to drive it but wow what a piece of kit it is. Very happy....:)