1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold a D800 with, so far, no issues :D

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, May 5, 2012.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

by no issues, I mean, lwhen looking through the viewfinder
    everything appeared to be tickety-boo and there wasn't
    any freezing up in the 15 minutes in the store :)

Cheers,

jack

2. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Nice!

Have you had many in, D800s I mean, not customers (although I'm sure you have lots of those!)? And any sign of the D800E?

3. Done_rundleCams

Hi Alex,

First D800 (of 6 .. I think) and I can guarantee that we won't see
    any D800E's :eek: simply because Nikon Canada deemed the D800E as
    a camera for Nikon Authorised Pro Camera stores only ...where as
    we are only a Nikon Authorised Camera store ;) ... which is fine with me:).

Cheers,

Jack

4. Alex1994

Hi Jack,

There does seem to be some inconsistency with the D800E. In the UK I believe only certain stores that can demo the camera are allowed to have it. Which means it's not on Amazon UK, but it is on Amazon.com! And Jessops, the UK's largest camera chain, will only have it at 7 outlets, none of which I would think are 'pro' dealers. And at least one 'authorised' dealer will supply it via their website anyway.

It would be easier to get hold of a Leica!

Alex

5. Done_rundleCams

Hi Alex,

I think it would (be easier to get a Leica) and the other ironic part about Nikon
    is that whilst we can't sell Pro cameras nor their accessories, I've flogged numerous
    Pro lenses like 600/4, 400/2.8, etc .... :rolleyes:

Mind you, I haven't tried to enquire about the Leica M8.2, M9, etc .... :)

Cheers,

Jack

6. Alex1994

I'm sure Leica would love to have you as a dealer, Jack!

I don't know if anyone on this forum has per-ordered from Amazon UK and can comment on the following.

It now appears that Amazon UK are getting a bit confused about whether they can sell the standard D800 or not:-
    http://nikonrumors.com/2012/05/06/a...supply-from-the-manufacturer.aspx/#more-39348

They don't currently list it as being available from themselves, even for per-order.
    However, a German dealer will kindly sell one to Amazon UK customers for £3492 (plus shipping) ... In 3 to 5 weeks. Better get my order in now before they sell out!
    :)

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

This is a bit rum... if what i think has happened has happened, this would not be the first time amazon has started taking peoples money without having an agreement to supply a product. The same happened with 3 Legged Thing:

http://www.3leggedthing.com/blog/amazon/

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  8. hech54

hech54 Well-Known Member

If B&H Photo in NYC had a D800(E) or any other product, they would sell you one and ship it anywhere in the world....AND calculate the extra import fees/duties for you, leaving it up to YOU to fight or worry about any future warranty issues. Why would/should Amazon (an INTERNATIONAL company, like Nikon) be any different?
    Nikon's moronic warranty rules are just that....moronic, and benefit nobody except Nikon. You make a product available to a world-wide market?....the same exact product sold the world over?....stand behind the product world-wide or don't sell it at all.

9. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

They make the toys, they make the rules.

10. Done_rundleCams

True indeed. Nikon, like Canon, are the same (in Canada anyway)
    in that the lenses and flashes have International Warranties but
    the (digital) camera bodies do not.:eek: :confused:

Cheers,

Jack