1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slideshow caption BELOW photo

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by ClickClickClick, May 30, 2019.

1. ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick New Member

I've got Adobe Photoshop Elements v8 containing family photos going back 100 years. Each photo has a caption which says who's in it etc. I can create a slideshow but it plasters the caption across the photo which is ridiculous.

I like the PSE screens and the way I can tag stuff, recall stuff and display stuff. I'm really interested in being able to readily catalogue and display photos on screen. I'm not so interested in "editing" them and definitely not printing them.

My question is, is there any photo organizing software which allows a caption BELOW the photo which can be seen when viewing photos on screen AND puts that caption BELOW the photo when creating a slideshow ?

Needless to say, I've got all the captions in PSE. They already exist and display below the photos. So I don't want software which requires me to manually key a separate caption into the slideshow. (I might have to regenerate these slideshows many times as I discover and update who people are).

OK - I know I would have to find a way to migrate from PSE to whatever the new software is, but I'm struggling to find any photo organizing software which will generate what I (and lots of others) see as a sensible slideshow (and I'm not looking for fancy tricks in the slideshow ... just the caption in the right place !).

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Just posting to say - no clue sorry. I know it's not helpful but sometimes absolute silence doesn't help either :)

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I have no clue either but I suspect that process of text overlay is pretty standard. I always watch TV with subtitles and it often detracts. You may have to make a custom frame and combine image and text as a new image. Hard work indeed for a large number of images. I don't know if any packages allow saving print layouts, where text below the image is more standard, to jpg. Lightroom has a print to jpg option but I've never tried it in combination with captioning.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Lightroom can print any layout to JPG rather than a printer, so you can achieve the effect, but it's probably still a bit of work and not easy to automate.