1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skye

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Zou, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Re: Never mind The Lakes.......

I'm back!

2. PeatSmoke

PeatSmoke Well-Known Member

And how was it for you?

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not bad at all, had fine views of Harris and North Uist from the cottage, and the weather wasn't as bad as we had feared it would be. Didn't even fill my 1GB card though - got through two rolls of film and spent the rest of the time just enjoying the views. Who needs cameras to get in the way? ;)

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. melancholyman

melancholyman Member

Couldn't agree more. I spent a week on Skye based in Trotternish at the beginning of the month. I wasn't as lucky as you with the weather (started raining as I crossed the Scottish Border and didn't stop until driving home a week later!) but found that it had little efeect on my enjoyment of the place.
    That was my 2nd trip up this year (10 days summer) and both times I have found that the charm and 'magic' of the place completely takes over.
    Back up next summer, roll on!
    Might even take some pics .. well possibly :)
    Mel

6. melancholyman

melancholyman Member

PS real nice moody shot :)
    My favourite view is from Tokavaig in the south looking north across Loch Eishort with the Cuillans in the distance.
    (It was here that I first saw cattle eating seaweed ... weird!)
    Sigh .. I have some real nice memories of the place ... gotta get back ...
    mel

7. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

There's a nice photographers gallery on Broadford - can't remember his name off hand but we came away with a couple of prints to hang on our wall.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I can't remember either, but I know the one you mean. Very good work.

9. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes! :D

11. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

What a shame he hasn;t made sure his website works in browsers other than IE :(

12. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Works in Firefox

Yep, that's the chap. :)

13. skellum

skellum Well-Known Member

There's also The Three Herons Studio (or gallery? Can't remember) V nice black and white, in Broadford.

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Studio. The gallery is by Staffin, but is closed over the winter.

15. cycling_rich

cycling_rich Member

I got back from a week in Skye last friday, the weather was very good and the scenery was stunning :D Spent most of it in the Cuillins. Was going to do pinnacle ridge but settled for ascending Sgurr Nan Gillean, it got a bit technical at the top. Would've loved to have taken the camera up the top, but was already carrying too much gear and don't currently own a compact. Someone got a video on their mobile phone so I do have something to remember it by;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMzyIPAnVLI
    I'm the gormless looking one sat in the foreground.

The day after 2 of us did Glas Bheinn Mor, Belig, Garbh-Beihnn and finally the Marsco. The scramble up the south of the Marsco was fantastic but the downclimb on the other side can only be described as epic. The view of the cuillins from the top of the Marsco is absolutely exceptional. Overall a fantastic week :D

All finished off with the most deserved pint and cheesey chips I've ever had at the Sligachan hotel.

If anyones thinking of heading up there, I can very highly recommend the Skyewalker hostel.

16. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

We might have bumped into each other as that was when I was there!

I have some pictures here.