1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin Smoothing on Photoshop CC2017

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Kim Burnett, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Kim Burnett

Kim Burnett New Member

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could assist me. I am looking for the best way to do skin smoothing on photoshop CC 2017.

I don't want it too look to fake and doll like I just want a smooth natural look if that makes sense.

Thanks

Kim

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I don't know about photoshop but reducing clarity can have that effect in Lightroom.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Your best bet is youtube, there are thousands of tutorials. I think the current preferred approach is frequency separation, but just search on youtube.

4. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

+1 for the frequency separation method - as long as you don't overdo it.

5. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Yep.

As you have CC, you probably use Lightroom as the front-end to photoshop anyway (or you can do the same in ACR if you still use that as your front-end - in fact, although I have never tried it, I think you can now use ACR within a layer in PS).

6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Smooth and natural?

I have sometimes used Photoshop Elements to clone out a pimple, or selected an area and applied a small amount of blur to it.
    Much more than this and and you risk the 'Barbie doll' look that helps give teenage girls self-image problems.
    Surely there is no such thing a 'perfect' skin - it only exists in retouched images.

Catriona likes this.