1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 500 - British GT

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Fireproof Creative, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Somehow it managed to stay sunny, which meant the heat haze and sweaty fireproofs were not appreciated (I'm clearly never happy).

Here's the results, C&C most welcome as always.. thanks in advance

1. First time on Pole for the Nissan GTR, shame it couldn't convert really... It's a beast!!!
    [​IMG]#24 RJN Motorsport - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 - Ricardo Sanchez, Struan Moore British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Nicki Thiim can't stop winning at the moment - I think he'd be a good bet for a class win given his form at the moment.
    [​IMG]#11 TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Nicki Thiim British GT Championship - Silverstone by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. More details while waiting for the pitstops to kick off
    [​IMG]British GT Championship - Silverstone - Sunday by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. How come you haven't posted an AMG shot yet I hear you ask....
    [​IMG]#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Lee Mowle, Yelmer Buurman British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. It's just sooooooo greeeeennnn....
    [​IMG]#33 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Jon Minshaw, Phil Keen British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Here's Nicki and Mark playing swapsies
    [​IMG]#11 TF Sport - Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 - Mark Farmer, Nicki Thiim British GT Championship by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Yep, they definitely should make these goggles mandatory
    [​IMG]British GT Championship - Silverstone by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. And just in at the last minute... It's Celebs go dating.. I mean Seb Morris ( Who literally arrived at the track half an hour before he had to take of from RPJ after Ryan got food poisioning).
    [​IMG]#1 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Bentley Continental GT3 - Seb Morris British GT Championship - Silverstone by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks as always

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Lovely racing shots and great to see all the candids. Only thing I'd say is focus is in the wrong place on the wrench. :)

Fireproof Creative likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is really good to see the pit shots and the candids. Cars in motion as always sublime. Agree with Mike wrt the wrench.

4. Fireproof Creative

Thanks folks, really appreciate the feedback... regarding the wheel gun, where do you think the focus should be, I felt at the time the detail in the barrel was the most interesting I fully accept I could be wrong

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I'd have said the trigger from that angle because there is a strong shape/colour formed by the line to the air supply. If you had taken it from a bit further away and more from the top-right so there was some space leading to the socket to make it clearly the focal point, then it would need the focus on the barrel with the socket sharp and the handle not just more out of focus but proportionately smaller and going away into the distance, rather than trying to pull your attention back into the frame. Not that I know anything about composition or would ever make such an analysis if I were trying to take a photograph.

6. Fireproof Creative

Fair points, thanks very much I shall keep a look out next time - composition is still a bit of a dark art to me, I tend to just go with my gut

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Triger is possible, but I like the detail in the barrel, Front edge of the barrel with a stop or two less aperture (you have tons of speed) to let the focus carry to the back sprockets.