1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by RovingMike, Aug 16, 2019.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Art UK are looking for more volunteers to shoot and help document the nation's public sculptures.

I knocked off all in my boroughs of Surrey last year, but they are still recruiting for several areas, see blurb following:

For a couple of years Art UK has been documenting the UK’s public sculpture and many people are actively involved as volunteer photographers. Art UK is now looking for more volunteer photographers in other areas of the UK.

The Sculpture Project, is in the process of cataloguing and photographing the nation’s sculpture from the last 1000 years, to create the first ever comprehensive record of the UK’s publicly owned sculpture. This is already being made freely available on the Art UK website for anyone and everyone to enjoy.

You can find out more about Art UK here.
    Art UK is looking for more volunteers in these particular areas:

Yorkshire Staffordshire Worcestershire
    Warwickshire Birmingham Northamptonshire
    Wiltshire Dorset Hampshire
    Devon Northern Ireland Scottish Highlands

As a volunteer you would need to have Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word (or compatible programs) on your computer/laptop and have access to the Internet. The volunteer photographer role is suitable for people who are already proficient photographers and have the required specifications of equipment: a minimum 12 megapixel camera capable of shooting images in RAW, and RAW image processing software on their computer.
    Full training would be provided at a workshop which will focus on the practical aspects of photographing the sculpture and file processing; it would not be aiming to teach you how to use your camera.

If you would like to find out more, or register your interest in becoming a volunteer, please contact Art UK for an application form by email here.

This a great way to use your photography skills for the wider public benefit and derive personal satisfaction supporting a great national project.

They give you a menu of shots to do for each, front, right threequarter, wider context etc, then you get to do a "creative" shot.

Do sign up if you fancy it. They pay all expenses.

[​IMG]2. Voluptuous Lady by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

[​IMG]3. Circles by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

daft_biker likes this.
  2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I see that Argyll & Bute is a bit of a blank so I have volunteered my services.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Excellent, hoped you would!

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. Len Scap

Len Scap Member

I'm surely being stupid here, but do you have the URL showing the map? I can't find it! Ta.

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

There wasn't a map but if you follow the link in Mike's post above you can search by region. In my case I was looking at Scotland/Highlands and Islands which wasn't clickable because they don't yet have anything.