1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigma fp

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by SXH, Oct 16, 2019.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, it's now listed on the Sigma web-site, with specs an' stuff.

24MP full-frame, Bayer not Foveon, L-mount, no EVF (or provision for a proper add-on one) and bl**dy ugly to boot.

There's also a hands-on preview at the other site. ;)

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

£2000 squid body only!

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Interesting that it has a normal sensor with Bayer pattern filter rather than a Foveon sensor. End of their development of the Foveon or more a matter of convenience and cost?

It seems to build on Sigma's fascination with quirky bordering on weird camera designs though....

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Can I predict that it will not sell well?

5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

No data on battery life - that alone would put me off

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

From the ePhotozine preview: "The battery life is short, we took around 200 shots and then needed to switch to another battery, however, there are two batteries provided in the box, and you can also power the camera using a portable power bank, such as one you’d use to charge a smartphone. The camera has a USB Type-C connection"

At least Sigma have the decency to supply 2 batteries...:rolleyes:

RogerMac likes this.
  7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am afraid I skipped straight to the tabulated specs. I must admit I am rather fussy about battery life and always carry a spare, even for the 6D (probably unnecessary)

8. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

It's in the latest AP - all that money and not even a viewfinder, so presumably it has to be used like a smartphone.
    So why not also include the technology that makes it the first smartphone with interchangeable lenses?
    And then make jeans with special pockets too.

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Not the first - see here.