1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Showing images to clients

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Mike Pearce, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Mike Pearce

Mike Pearce Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've seen some pros using a peice of software I think is called Studio View, or View Studio, I'm not quite sure.

At any rate, this might not be what I'm after. Essentially, I want to take a laptop and a widescreen monitor to a clients house for them to view portraits I've taken at a previous shoot. I want some software that I can show the photos as a full screen on the external monitor, but on the laptop screen, be able to control the photos.

I'd like to be able to do the basics, show a slide show, add and remove photos from the collection, but I'd also like to be able to do things like simple B&W and Sepia effects to show the client an example of what it might look like.

So, does anyone have any ideas? There's a few things I've tried, for example, Picasa will do everything I need, but not with the dual screen setup (I don't want the clients to see what i'm up to!) also, Lightroom can almost do what I want, but again, not with dual screens.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Pearce

2. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Does your laptop permit you to as an external monitor as a desktop extension? If so, you need to identify software that has a control panel that may be detached from the actual image viewing area so you drag the image viewing area to the clients screen and keep the editing console on yours.