1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should you impose your style, or honestly reflect differences?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by RovingMike, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Nick,

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Cheers,

R.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Thank you, Roger, would've missed it without your post. :)

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Out of interest, how do you know he was a spammer? Is it down to known IP addresses or something?

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

In this case, yes, but we have other methods too.

But messages that don't make much sense are generally a pointer. This one makes sense in terms of the English, but means nothing - always a telltale sign.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well spammer or not, he agreed with me, so can't be all bad. ;)

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Geez, that sounds like the majority of my posts :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

Benchista likes this.
  7. Done_rundleCams

Good point there, Mike :D

Jack

8. dan marchant

dan marchant Active Member

Posting to threads weeks/months after they have gone dormant is also another good indicator. Though I'm sure that'isn't the case with me.

btw... I had a dream about an origami unicorn last night. Does anyone know what that might mean?

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I've consulted the Penguin Bumper Book of Dreams...

It means you're a replicant - sorry to break it to you that way, but there's no easy way of doing it.

Cheers, Jeff

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

The more I think of the question, the more I see it as only referring to trips elsewhere, not my immediate environment. Within the place I inhabit, yes, I impose (or reflect?) my style. I don't really care if this is good or bad, it is simply my view of the things which capture my attention.

11. Catriona

The more I think of the question, the more I see it as only referring to trips elsewhere, not my immediate environment. Within the place I inhabit, yes, I impose (or reflect?) my style. I don't really care if this is good or bad, it is simply my view of the things which capture my attention.

12. Catriona

13. RovingMike

Yes that was more the thought behind it. Applies to art too. That lassie who won Landscape Artist of the Year and got to paint Flatford, I saw the pic there last weekend and she didn't really need to have wasted time going there. She just painted her usual thicket, with a couple of clues, none of which related to the Haywain location.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Catriona likes this.
  14. Catriona

It's a little like some photos I saw very recently taken by a good friend here. They were of some friend's wedding. She took them in her typical style which is 'way'out' from normal. She uses old film/cameras/developers/papers and slow shutter speeds and any other effect in the darkroom she sees fit. I love her results and have some on my walls, but for a wedding? They would have had to be awfully good friends to like them too.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  15. RovingMike

I meant Landscape Artist of the Year of course.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Done_rundleCams

Those would-be neat to see, Catriona :)

Cheers.

Jack

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Seconded.

S

18. Catriona

19. Catriona

A taster from a previous wedding (her family).
    1146250_10151851435624739_1454377764_o.jpg

20. RovingMike

Well I hope they had someone else taking some pictures. No objection to what she does, but there's a time and place.

Catriona likes this.