1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ShotHotspot: location scouting website

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Shutterhive, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Shutterhive

Shutterhive Member

Has anyone else come across this site? You put in your location details and it will show you areas of photographic interest in the vicinity.

It is a fairly useful site:

ShotHotspot

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Looks rubbish to me - put in my current location, gave places in a different city.

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

There are four 'hotspots' listed near to where I work. Three of them consist of photographs taken by people who've illegally entered the busy railway yards to turn out 'urbex' type shots. The fourth is a picturesque farm, supposedly located on nearby Ogden Street - the farm is actually next to Ogden Reservoir which is a good twelve miles away.

Based on the results for where I am now, I wouldn't trust it to give me a list of photo locations for a day out to somewhere I hadn't visited before.

Cheers, Jeff

4. Shutterhive

Shutterhive Member

It has worked well for me, it gives a good idea of if there is anything worth visiting in the area

5. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

Decent idea, although the 2 results i received were my neighbour's bedroom & someones wedding down the road...