1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing pictures

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Roger Hicks, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

So people who work in marketing, graphic design, or just about any other creative role that might require or create images can't be amateur photographers?

Besides, the title 'Amateur Photography' is just that, a title that dates back over a 125 years. The fact is that AP is an excellent magazine that is of much use to professionals as it is amateurs.

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Dear Roger,
    My question was not vague in the slightest. I asked simply " Who is the judge and jury over these so called brilliant pictures"? You? Me?.
    You answered "Anyone that wants to". So, effectively, as long as one person thinks it's a brilliant picture, it ceases to become internet noise.
    I go back to my original argument. It is all subjective, and your internet clutter is another mans masterpiece. We appraise an image to what we think it should look like, either because we blindly follow the rules, or we have the audacity to fly in the face of the accepted. Either way, it's just an opinion.
    You are of course correct in your statement that ultimately nothing really matters in the big scheme of things. The sun will implode one day, and it will all be over. Maybe I should have worded it differently. But in the mean time, some things really matter, but internet noise is not one of them.
    Regards
    Craig

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Craig,

Yes. This is why it was a very precise answer. Are you seriously suggesting that anyone really believes that 48 slight variations on a cat picture are all brilliant? Or another coffee cup picture? My argument is that if people simply asked themselves, "Is this a brilliant picture?" before putting in on the web, there'd be a an awful lot less garbage out there.

Cheers,

R.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Dear Roger,
    I fear we may go around in circles for some time with this one Roger, so we will have to agree to differ. To be fair I think we are approaching it from slightly different angles.
    Regards
    Craig