1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

September theme - Windows, doors and openings

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by dream_police, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

This thread started by Nige from Spain - appears to be trouble for email notifications for me. Gmail sees them all as Spam! Oh dear.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

You can create a filter to ensure mail from AP is never marked as spam. Let me know if you want instructions.

Catriona likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

From 2014, so probably 'archive' ;) Also long before I knew what I was doing (if I do now).

IMG_9803_x800_hq.jpg

IMG_9812_x800_hq.jpg

20141025-600D-4354_x800_hq.jpg

Dan S likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Would have expected smaller windows.

Dan S, Geren, daft_biker and 2 others like this.
  5. Catriona

I think it must be looking at the source of the posting on the thread, though I wouldn't have thought it would be quite so picky. It's only this thread so I can live with it for now. I have reported it to Google twice that it is not spam.

6. EightBitTony

I bet it's considering it double glazing spam ;)

Catriona and TheFatControlleR like this.
  7. EightBitTony

20141026-600D-4750_x800_hq.jpg

El_Sid, Catriona, Geren and 1 other person like this.
  8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'll be be back in the UK on Sunday so only a few days left of spam!

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Geren and EightBitTony like this.
  10. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

As Tony suggested, the thread title is possibly triggering Gmail's spam filter. Double glazing/uPVC anyone? ;)

Dan S, Catriona and daft_biker like this.
  11. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It could also be the frequency of mail if you have set AP forum to send a message every time someone posts. I'm a bit suprised though. My impression is that, when logged into a google account, all your online activity is tracked, sort of cookies plus, so it ought to connect the email and your browsing behaviour. I try to remember to sign out of google after I check my gmail and/or google group.

12. RovingMike

Dan S and EightBitTony like this.
  13. RovingMike

EightBitTony likes this.
  14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Out of curiosity have you seen any elephant doors on your travels? Have only seen them in pictures myself but apparently they put spikes on doors to stop elephants being able to force them open with their head.

The carving in that shot reminded me of some of the pics I've seen (probably on TV).

15. RovingMike

Yes, India is full of them and Zanzibar has plenty. I'll see if I shot any. This one was Zanzibar.

It is a fairly poor village place, so I think has fewer spikes. Some of the old residences that are now hotels have massive doors covered in spikes with few gaps.

daft_biker likes this.
  16. RovingMike

Found an Elephant Door from India. It is a door within a fortress door, so both are armoured, but the spikes are not as large as some I've seen.

[​IMG]P2211095 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    daft_biker and EightBitTony like this.
  17. Catriona

This made me look up the reason for our wooden doors had studs and bars on them. Apparently to foil swords and axes used to try to break them down. Interesting.

EightBitTony likes this.
  18. RovingMike

And I thought the Scots soldiers just nutted them ;)

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

Nah! Scots soldiers didn't need doors. Cross the threshold at your peril. :p

Zou likes this.
  20. RovingMike

Well I can keep lobbing doors and windows up until Xmas, they are a big subject with me. But the openings bit introduces a whole level of ambiguity. Better root out a few of those.

[​IMG]_8290002mono by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr