1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September Theme - Still Life

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Fishboy, Aug 31, 2017.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Really well done Kate. Although I must admit that had I been the judge I would not have chosen that one - but the one I prefered was also by you, so what does that matter?

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Congrats Kate, and thanks to Jeff for the judging, and a great write up. :)

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Wot? I didn't win? Again?
    [​IMG]Balls by Steve Higgins, on Flickr

Seriously, a big well done to Kate. A touch of the Dutch masters there, methinks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

OK - new thread posted in the Exhibition thread, for now. I will call for assistance and get it transferred soon.

Good luck!

Kate

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Well done Kate!

S

Catriona likes this.
  6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Well done Kate! Multiple winner?

Catriona likes this.
  7. Catriona

Thank you. Well, I have been a persitent (!) participant. Haha! I hope you like October's theme. :)

8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Good choice, need my thinking cap.

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very well deserved Kate. Good choice.

Catriona likes this.
  10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Thanks for the mention, and congrats to @Catriona and everyone else who took part, got a mention, or enjoyed seeing the images.

Catriona likes this.
  11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

It's all a fix! An absolute fix, I tell you. Someone ought to point out that it's a fix.....!!!!
    but, when all is said and done, it's a really well-deserved fix.
    And so, if you can hear this above the roar of the wind whistling around your house, Well done that gal.

Catriona likes this.
  12. Catriona

Haha! Yes! Definitely someone had it in for me,, making me think of the next subject! :p But thank you. Sweet and savoury things are my favourites.

Kate

13. sagamore

sagamore Well-Known Member

I have found it rather difficult to actually figure out who the winner is of these themes! (Although I did manage it in the end) Could not the winning image be placed here at the end of the month with a clear statement such as "The Winner is" and then let theb discussion and analysis wash around after it?
    Bob

14. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Bob, the trick of finding who won the forum competition is to scroll backwards from the end of this month's thread about a page or so. There you will find the judge's decision which clearly shows the winning image, and though it isn't writ large in green type it is fairly visible. Best of luck for this month's competition, btw.

15. sagamore

That is how I found it, but it was still a bit laborious!
    I look forward to seeing what this month's theme is!
    Bob

16. sagamore

I just found that this month is Anatomy - Even that was not striaghtforward. That table at the top with all the TRs and TDs is simply beyond my comprehesion - I have no idea what it is all about, but I found what I wanted at the bottom. Probably all some complicated photographer jargon!:eek:
    Bob

17. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is "a sense of place". As I write it is in "exhibition" waiting for a moderator to move it.

18. sagamore

It is "a sense of place". As I write it is in "exhibition" waiting for a moderator to move it.
    ---------
    I don't understand that either:( It seemed to me to be "anatomy"
    Bob

Geren likes this.
  19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

We should probably ask someone to unsticky the old forum comp posts - it is a bit confusing that they're still there when that's not how it's done any more.

@sagamore - the current Forum Theme/Comp is something that is run by ourselves and not 'official' any more. It used to be. There used to be prizes. AP mugs and the like. I won a camera bag once! Now, we run it for our own amusement and there are no prizes. I find the easiest way to work out what's going on is to use 'New Posts' or 'Recent Posts'. Whoever wins the theme, gets to pick the next theme. But we're not to be trusted iwth starting threads in this forum on our own so we have to put them in Exhibitions and ask for them to be moved. If you search via new/recent posts, it should pop up as the person who won starts a new thread. To find the winner of a month, go to the end of the thread and work back through all the congrats!

20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

That would have been from last year when it was still nominally being run by staff. See my post above.