1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September (2016) Theme - Broken

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by EightBitTony, Aug 31, 2016.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Having done Breaking Out for my previous pic, how about Breaking In...
    [​IMG]

And I resisted the urge to add any Lego... ;)

RogerMac likes this.
  2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

"And I resisted the urge to add any Lego..." However...
    [​IMG]
    Now that's just weird!

Apparently, a serpents egg hatched by a cockerel produces a basilisk.
    A conker hatched by a chicken? Dunno, but I bet even Hermione would have trouble with it. And Hagrid would definitely want one!;)

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

My brain isn't working Steve because I thought "but you've already posted the chick in the conker shell"...duh. Still, I enjoyed going back over the thread again so it wasn't a total waste.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

5. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Since my contribution was taken in 2005, rather than September 2016, it's obviously disqualified from any judging that may take place.........................

Lynn

6. Gary Davies

Gary Davies Well-Known Member

Back doors of the garage at terminal 2 Manchester airport.

Attached Files:

7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

The rules (such as they are) state
    So it would be difficult to disqualify any post and we can all enjoy whatever someone else wants to show us

Geren likes this.
  8. RogerMac

Hope you aree feeling a bit less fragile now

9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

My posting was ever so slightly 'tongue in cheek'.................

Lynn

10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And my last word (or 1,000 thereof) on this subject...
    [​IMG]
    The Loser!

Geren, RogerMac and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Did you forget to bake it in the oven or soak it in vinegar or whatever we did in our youth before h&s started to ban conkers.

12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Panel fencing
    Wrecked-Fencing.jpg

13. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Pardon my french, but bugger the fencing! I'm far more concerned about that massive spider infestation in the background!

Cheers, Jeff

(To quote Stan Freburg, I don't dig spiders)

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Love the whole thing! The colours are delicious and the spiders'webs are the icing on the cake. Reminds me of how my front lawns used to look on occasions. Where I am now, they just love the wood cladding on my new home! I'm forever out there with the broom and cloth.
    Great picture, thanks.

Kate

15. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:
    I'd move house!

Geren likes this.
  16. Fishboy

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit" - Ellen Ripley

Cheers, Jeff

Craig20264 and Geren like this.
  17. RogerMac

I can't see a picture in it but my kettle has died and I will have wait till the shops open for a cup of tea

expletive deleted

Edit I suppose I could use a saucepan

Catriona likes this.
  18. Fishboy

My kettle died a couple of years ago and one of the ladies from work who was nipping out to Tescos offered to pick me up a new one while she was there. Good to her word she arrived back with a new electric kettle. I took it home and started using it - that's when the odd stuff started happening.

The kettle had a little bell that would go 'ding!' to let me know that it'd boiled. No problem there.

It got strange when the kettle started to go 'ding!' at other, seemingly random, times. I told myself that it was probably due to some sort of thermostat, or possibly even a bi-metallic strip inside it warming and cooling. That's what I told myself.

It probably reached its height when I was awoken at 3:15am one morning by the kettle repeatedly going 'ding ding ding ding!'. I decided that steps had to be taken. I got out of bed, walked downstairs and calmly explained to the kettle that it was a very good and useful appliance, but if it didn't stop waking me up it'd have to go.

We've now reached a kind of entente. I'm careful to always thank the kettle when it boils water for me and, in return, the kettle has stopped its nocturnal chiming.

Now, you may think that I'm just making this up, but I give you my word that it's absolutely true. If you're after an independent witness then I suppose you could contact the plumber who fixed my heating last Winter - he thought I was barmy when I offered him a brew and then said "thank you kettle" when the water boiled!

Cheers, Jeff

Geren and RogerMac like this.
  19. RogerMac

All sorted and drinking tea:):) but it does say a lot about society in general that the hardware shop in a small seaside town finds it worthwhile to stock an extensive range of kettles

20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    Broken signal further up the line means this has been my view for the last twenty minutes!!