1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September (2016) Theme - Broken

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by EightBitTony, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

16-09-14_helensburgh-011.jpg
    Broken Pier

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

16-09-14_helensburgh-027.jpg
    The Great Golden Royal Ruby River Wall of Thai China. That's not its real name, but it changed hands so many times before finally closing its doors that we could never remember which name was current and so used them all.

Catriona and AlanW like this.
  3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Uri Geller (remember him?) was in Helensburgh?

Lynn

Geren likes this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

You may be onto something there - there was a broken plastic fork the other week - perhaps it's a Geller protegé who's run out of spoons?

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Broken golf ball ;)
    [​IMG]

RogerMac and Geren like this.
  6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Holey headstone

7. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

One from this morning - part of an entirely different set, but it fits the theme:

[​IMG]Breaking Glass by Jeff Johnson, on Flickr

Cheers, Jeff

SXH, Themis, Catriona and 1 other person like this.
  8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

That's a very interesting effect on the glass there! I have a broken window pane in the stairwell coming up to the flat and I photographed it last week sometime but I don't think it's doing anything that intriquing!

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

It's a very odd effect - I suspect that the glass has some sort of coating that's causing the 'frosting' around the radial splits.

Today was my last day at my current place of work - they're moving me to another office from tomorrow - so since I've been walking the same route from the bus stop to the office every morning for the past five years I decided to take photographs of everything I usually look at during the walk on my last morning.

Cheers, Jeff

Geren likes this.
  10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I visited Corfe Castle recently and could not decide whether to post a general shot or a a detail - so her are one of each

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geren, Catriona and Done_rundleCams like this.
  11. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Nope, sorry Lynn, but I'm the official killer of threads :(

:eek:

Jack

12. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Crickey! How old is that photo. Haven't seen a jumper on a golf course in a while:)

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hmmmm it must be the best part of 20 years ago....

14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes, it almost looks like it has had sticky backed plastic or some such thing on it.

Love the idea of a last long look at a regular haunt. I took some images of our old house on our last day. Actually I woke up at about four in the morning and took some - they are strange to look at because although they depict something incredibly familliar to me, they were taken at a time of night I don't usually see it and in a state of emptiness that is also alien. I haven't looked at them since I took them though - might be time.

15. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Well, I've two offerings, the first I don't think highlights the 'Damage' aspect shows up that well, and I took it too late to enter the 'Abstract' comp....
    Tiles:

SamChapman_Broken_Roof_Tiles.jpg

However yesterday, to my surprise, I spotted this, which I am amazed has managed to survive as long as it has, so I'm calling it:

Battered but stubborn Tulip:

SamChapman-BrokenTulip.jpg

Catriona and Geren like this.
  16. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that there is, or was, a plastic film which could be stuck onto windows so that in the case of breakage etc. there would be no problems with glass all over the place and - I think this was the main reason - that break-ins would be more difficult.

Lynn

17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I had a little walk today up to the castle. Turned down the soup at the cafe and went to my favourite Thai haunt instead. Much nicer!
    sign 1 ap.jpg broken 1 ap.jpg

Themis, RogerMac, Footloose and 2 others like this.
  18. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

The first one of these strikes me as being rather amusing Catriona, as it seems to imply that someone like the NT, is converting a badly designed path, back to its original natural state.

Catriona likes this.
  19. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I am spending a romantic week end in Brighton (OK,OK we are also managing to fit in the LibDem conference) and I am a bit depressed as how easy it is to find suitable subjects for this thread. this thread. here is the old Brighton pier

[​IMG]

Geren, AlanW and Catriona like this.
  20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Broken, repaired, broken, repaired, broken...

[​IMG]

RogerMac, Geren and Catriona like this.