1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September (2016) Theme - Broken

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by EightBitTony, Aug 31, 2016.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I was on vacation in Center parcs, Whinfell last week with my wife, brother-in-law, two nephews and a niece.

I fell over playing short-tennis.

I've fractured my foot and shoulder and have been in a mix of hospital and home bed ridden states since. I'm not allowed to use either foot or shoulder for load bearing for a few weeks yet.

Your topic for September is Broken :)

I probably won't be able to comment much, I'll check in as close to the end as I can though.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh no! Sincere hopes for a speedy recovery - and great idea for the theme!

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Owww. Playing tennis drunk is never a good idea:)

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Well that puts my man cold into perspective, here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I like the theme :)

Alan

Done_rundleCams and EightBitTony like this.
  5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I also like the theme :) and really, really hope you make a speedy recovery

6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Hope you recover quickly. Perhaps you can use the time to do all that editing, sorting out of 1000s of files and becoming an expert in PS.

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Is it too early to put forward this one, which I took yesterday?

[​IMG]

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Out and about this morning looking for broken things :(

Broken Angel

[​IMG]

9. dream_police

Went to have a pint with my daughter at the pub she works in this afternoon as it was downtime before food service.

"Can you do puzzles dad?" as these are dumped on the bar as she did some cleaning.

broken.jpg

Needless to say they went back exactly like that. I really can't do things like that.

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Broken and restored

[​IMG]

EightBitTony, Done_rundleCams and MJB like this.
  11. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that Tony, suspect you'll be lumbered with crutches pretty soon ... In which case, I can highly recommend the cycling gloves shown below, as you'll pretty soon be discovering how painful crutches can be on the palms of your hands, especially if they have the almost angular-looking grips on them!

ZZ010008-w.jpg

These cycling gloves also have cords on the fingers, so they are really easy to take off, whilst the ones without, invariably end up coming off, inside out.
    I got these from Evans cycles, they're the Graneau 'One Calory' versions. I also removed the Velcro straps on this pair. Great if you use a wheelchair*, which on slopes, can end up giving you skin burns! Check your inbox, I'm going to be sending you some further info ...
    Sam

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I can second the cycling gloves. My youngest broke her ankle at the end of May and she said using the crutches was more painful on her hands than the break.

Footloose and Done_rundleCams like this.
  13. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Good grief, this chap is the spitting image of our current Minister of Health, Jeremy Hunt. Have you thought of sending it to Private Eye letters page?

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one! It's always been my fate to watch my hubby do these (in the past, obviously). I also fail miserably with those IQ shape/spatial awareness puzzles and just guess! Usually wrongly. It depresses me really, to think that I'm quite observant and love shapes and form and yet hopeless at this kind of puzzle.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  15. dream_police

I think the devil himself designs them. I for the life of me cannot put them together. When I see it done, I can see that's its quite obvious (or should be). I spent about 10 mins on that red one and got nowhere so gave up. Oh and I like rubiks cube with random patterns!

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  16. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

16-09-01_broken-001.jpg

Cala Leaf Bleeding

17. Catriona

broken bike ap.jpg
    Bike in bits.

18. Catriona

What happens to a greenhouse in an Island hurricane.
    broken greenhouse.jpg

19. Catriona

Broken but fizzy.
    fizz ap.jpg

20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

16-09-01_broken-002.jpg

16-09-01_broken-006.jpg

Same leaf. Different perspectives, different things going on in the back ground.