1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

See the results for APOY round 2 - Going Abstract

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 26, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. chelseafc

chelseafc Active Member

Some really nice images from these round. It would be great if AP can award 2 and 3 places instead of Sigma. For example create some photobook with best APOY images from last years and send them to runners up or give some subscription to magazine.

3. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

...you mean like:

2nd Prize: A ticket to a Chelsea Game
    3rd Prize: A season ticket to Chelsea games

:)

4. chelseafc

chelseafc Active Member

It would be great for me, but what will we do with ManUnited or Arsenal fans?

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

What about ICT fans too?

6. PhotoEcosse

That reminds me of the old poser:

"Name three English football clubs with sweary words incorporated in their name."

1. Arsenal

2. Scunthorpe

3. Manchester F***ing United

I'll get my hat!

7. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

That was funny.

8. Catriona

Well done Eric and Peter! Lovely to see your shots in the top 30 of the wide angle round.
    Hope you got your narrow depth of fields in. :)

Kate

9. PhotoEcosse

Thanks, Kate - and yes, I put in the "silly" one I shared with you earlier into the narrow depth of field round (but don't think the judges will be sufficiently silly to appreciate it!).

Eric

10. Catriona

Oh yes! I forgot. You never know, Eric - you could be on a roll. :)

Kate
    PS My wide angle trees got nowhere. Still, I'm no landscape photographer, so not really surprised.

11. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Thanks Kate. Just managed to squeeze into the top 30 but pleased all the same.

Not long back from the Greek island of Santorini and may use of the shots for the Landscape round.

Oh yes - narrow depth of field was entered before I left these shores.

Peter

12. Johnski

Johnski Active Member

Great images here really inspiring - and makes me want to explore and shoot more - but it's dark here :)