1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Currency

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jack D3200, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Yeah, OK, done that. What do I do next?

Cheers,

R.

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Get your loveable Cockney Characters together and declare independence.

After that, you're on your own.

:cool:

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Oh.

I thought he might have been able to set aside this minor setback and work with he Unionist parties to get the best deal for Scotland. That said he never entertained the idea of working with them before the referendum, and this means he probably won't have to much after.

Shame. Thought that boy had a little more potential than that.

Makes one wonder no matter which way the vote went was he always going to do this, then?

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Will the report I read today in the newspapers do? Surprise surprise - New Estimates predict Scottish Oil Boom. Off to the west of my Island and also towards the Shetland Islands... Oil and Gas for the next 100 years with an estimated value of £1 trillion.I guess it's yours as much as mine...Kate

5. KeithLeslie

KeithLeslie Well-Known Member

His face said it all, in the back of a car after admitting defeat this morning. No doubt a bad loser. Probably well rid. No doubt the title 'King of Scotland' shone too brightly for him....

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think 10 years the Leader is enough for anyone - bearing in mind the slings and arrows shot at him. He has taken the party from nothing to getting a 45% share of an 80%+ electorate voting for Independence. Not a bad record. He did well, in my book. Now it's time he has a rest and let's someone else have a go. He's not so stupid (as many are) not to know many dislike him personally.

7. KeithLeslie

KeithLeslie Well-Known Member

And of course, we could do with you-know-who doing the same...but he won't.

8. Roger Hicks

We already have far too many thoroughly unlovable Cockney Characters in Cornwall. Here in France the English tend to be from further north -- though comparatively few are detectably more lovable.

Cheers,

R.

9. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Back when I did press work, in Devon, I got to know some of the senior police officers quite well. This was in the early 'seventies and one inspector told me that they had more East London mobsters in Torbay than were left in London.

Dunno whether he was winding me up but subsequent events suggest that he might not have been!

:cool:

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the left of the party can prevail. Marco Biagi was my MSP previously and was one of the few to remain anti-NATO. It'd be great if that spirit were to return.

11. Roger Hicks

Yeah, I think the West Country got most of the ones that didn't end up in Essex.

Cheers,

R.

12. Helander

Helander Well-Known Member

I cant help but feel anyone else but Salmond putting themselves forward as the voice and face of Independence would have achieved a different result.
    I'm glad he's standing down because he has lost all credibility in Westminster, I mean, he didn't even win his own constituency, that's a problem. Scotland now needs someone of great stature to galvanise a divided country and guarantee Cameron fulfils his promise of more devolved powers.