1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Currency

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jack D3200, Feb 14, 2014.

1. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Kate, I've just heard the H&I vote - pretty resounding NO; I was expecting YES. Was it the incomers that turned it? Cheers, Oly

2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Is it too early to get back to the Nikon versus Canon debates? :D

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear David,

Much too early -- and pointless too. By the next election, let alone the next referendum, they'll both have released yet more new cameras with minute changes and differences that only a Nikon or Canon owner would care about.

People complain about Leica releasing special M-series models that are only slight variations on what has gone before, but at least their "base" models (MP, M7, M9/M-E, M typ 240) aren't changed every 20 minutes.

Cheers,

R,

4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Who was it that said "Me no Leica/Like a"

MickLL

5. KeithLeslie

KeithLeslie Well-Known Member

Getting back on thread here!!

May I say, thank goodness Scots had the sense to see through Salmond.

Westminster MUST deliver change now. For ALL of us, not just Scotland. And our politicians need to stop treading on eggshells around Farage, too, and get some backbone. (Of course, he was still peddling his divisive poison about Scots MPs this morning) They need to wake up and smell the coffee, and deliver proper, good governance for the UK, for ALL of us, not just a few rich cronies.

My cousin is holidaying in Germany at the moment, and he was quite shocked to find that, he says, the cost of living there is about a third less than here. Rip-off Britain is alive and well, and our MPs should be doing something useful about it instead of spouting hot air. Maybe the one thing that we can and should thank Salmond for is shaking up the complacent wotsits in Westminster. Let's all get on the same bus! I got involved with campaign groups early this year, and they do have an effect on our MPs. 38 degrees, SumOfUs, doesn't matter which - do it! After all, what have any of us to lose?

Come the revolution, eh?[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Possibly, someone with one of these?

:D

[​IMG]

7. Sejanus.Aelianus

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier reply...

:D :D :D

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

No. My feeling is a traditional Labour vote (based on personalities, not substance) and a dislike of Salmond. Pretty pathetic. Unfortunately some just couldn't see what an opportunity it was and how it wasn't a party battle but one for our future.

9. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Salmond couldn't convince his own area, so maybe it's more of a problem than just the Labour vote.

Lets hope the greater powers are passed to all regions of the UK.

10. Sejanus.Aelianus

Or, perhaps, it was just that a majority want to keep things as they are?

That's the thing about a secret ballot: nobody is obliged to explain their decision to anyone else. They're free to nod and agree with everyone and then do exactly what they want.

11. Catriona

You know my friends and neighbours on my Island, do you? Drop in past when next you wind up here - and please, I don't need patronising remarks about secret ballots... but if you must, then so be it.

12. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

14. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Yeah, I loved it too. The only alternative to seeing it as the petulant reaction of a bad loser is to say, "Ah, what you mean is, Scotland is a tinpot third world country that can't even organize a fair election." The former interpretation seems a lot likelier, though I suppose you could bring the Illuminati into the argument. Everyone knows that the Scottish Illuminati are the worst. If you need more information about the Scottis Illuminati, try http://nowewont.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-history-of-the-scottish-illuminati-hail-mary

Never mind "I'll get my coat." This one is a candidate for "I'll get my tinfoil hat."

Cheers,

R.

15. miked

miked Well-Known Member

All I can say is that I'm glad it's finally settled (hopefully soon, at least) and so this evening I will open a bottle of malt, accompanied by a few oat cakes (to soak up the juice of the malt), and put a Jimmie Shand CD on, for in truth I'm mightily relieved I won't have to take my passport on my next visit north.

16. Sejanus.Aelianus

Hang about! Where did that come from?

All I meant was that anyone can say anything about their voting intentions but act differently when it comes to putting pen to paper.

17. Catriona

OK. Sorry. I'm tired...

18. KeithLeslie

KeithLeslie Well-Known Member

19. Sejanus.Aelianus

First find your stash of gold and ancient charter...

:cool:

20. mikeh201355

mikeh201355 Well-Known Member

Salmond has resigned.