1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland Day Out - Sat 27th Jan 07

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by robkat, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Boothy

Boothy Well-Known Member

Hi guys, sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it due to another photography related outing, school work and being very unorganized.

But have fun, and hope to see you all some other outing! Knockhill in the summer? ;)

Michael

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Have been meaning to get up to Knockhill or Crail (sp?). Big bro and some mates go up there with their souped up puddle jumpers...would be an excuse to borrow a big lens :)

Numbers have dropped a wee bit but still a fair sized list:
    Robert - robkat
    Keith - crymble
    Andrew - daft_biker
    Charles - lazyboy
    Adam – TheCircleOfConfusion
    Duncan - Highland_ddmac
    Brian – himmelblau
    Graeme – AGW
    Paul and Charmaine - Silverfox_1969

Hope I'm keeping up with changes!

There are plenty places all around town that I know I'd like to photograph but as Alan suggested if we get weather for being outside in we should head in the general direction of Calton Hill. It'll give us a chance to look over a fair chunk of Edinburgh and we can plan a route from there if nobody has anything specific they want to see at this stage???

3. robkat

robkat Well-Known Member

If the weather is like this morning we should get some good outside images. Fingers crossed.

4. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

We can always work out where we are going to go over a coffee when we meet up.

Personally I would prefer Calton Hill at the end of the day for the sun going down - but then again you also get good light at the other side of the castle at the same time..........too many places, too little time!

K

5. The Circle Of Confusion

The Circle Of Confusion Well-Known Member

I'll be there! Let's hope for a sunny day :cool:

6. Silverfox_1969

Silverfox_1969 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Charmaine has decided to whimp out on the meet... but I will at least still be coming to hold up our end of the partnership. I look forward to meeting up with you all in the morning.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I'm looking forward to it too...got the hard job of deciding how much film to take now...think I've only ever changed film twice in one day...will aim for more tomorrow :) Got a whole bunch to try out.

Never got grads and a 24mm in time but am still good to go :)

8. robkat

robkat Well-Known Member

Weather forecast looks not bad, may get some sun!!!

See you all at 10.00am.

9. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

Well see you all tommorow.

I'm off to the Guildford tonight so make sure the beer is up to standard for tommorow night........

K

10. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

At the moment things are looking very unlikely for me, my mum has been taken into hospital this afternoon and I'm just not sure what is happening.

Graeme

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I'll be wrapped up warm sunny or not! It's been freezing cold lately.

Got everything crossed that doesn't hurt to cross so that the weather holds!

12. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Have a brilliant time - still gutted I can't make it.

13. The Circle Of Confusion

The Circle Of Confusion Well-Known Member

We'll let ya see the pics :D

I hope the bagkittens are feeling better.

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Oops..just noticed Greame's post. Sorry to hear that. Mum's seem to be getting a hard time of it lately...better give mine a phone!

Hope to have pics to post next week sometime as mine will need to be sent away for a day or 2.

Better charge batteries...and remember them!

15. onefivenine

onefivenine Member

Hello all! :)
    Last minute introduction here! Been registered for a while but not posting.
    I'm hoping to tag along with you tomorrow after I finish work (in the New Town) at 4pm or so. So unless you're all up Arthur's Seat at the time with a bit of luck I'll catch up with you sometime shortly after that.

By the way I'm not just a random nutter, although I've known Andrew for a few years so he might disagree! ;)

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Just geez a bell when you get finished. Calton hill has been suggested for sunset so we'll not likely be too far.

I had you pencilled in as an extra if you could make it...see...

Robert - robkat
    Keith - crymble
    Andrew - daft_biker
    Charles - lazyboy
    Adam – TheCircleOfConfusion
    Duncan - Highland_ddmac
    Brian – himmelblau
    Paul - Silverfox_1969
    Random Irish Nutter (aka David) - onefivenine

17. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

The gods are conspiring against me!!! :mad: :mad:

This morning sees a lot of motoring mayhem. Means I'll be unlikely to meet up at 10am. Everything should be sorted by midday. :D

Bit of a cheek and I hope you get this at the eleventh hour, but Andrew I'm sending you a PM with my mobile number.....I'm not trying to pull!!!! :eek:

Just thought I would make that clear as the last time I gave someone my number I had a very irrate boyfriend asking me what my game was........??? I'm happily married thank you very much.

If you get this message can you or someone in the group drop me a text or phone to let me know where you are around midday.

Thanks.

18. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

Thanks Andrew,

Now charging my battery.....nearly forgot..not used to digital...

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Just on my way in and the conditions seem ideal....blue skies, sunny and not windy :)

20. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Hope you all had a good time. Couldn't make it this time [trip to a friend] but hope to meet you all next time :)

G>