1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland Day Out - Sat 27th Jan 07

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by robkat, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Come on, come on, we want to see the evidence! Who fell over, who got smashed and puked on someone's shoes, whop got off with whom etc etc? :D

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No puking that I saw although I did end up rather drunk :) Paul had to bail after lunch when the effects of the previous night kicked in...hope your feeling better today Paul?

Am fairly sure we had a few more pints after Adam and Duncan left...it's a bit of a blur Keith, David and myself leaving..wasn't even that late :eek:

Think I jinxed us by saying there was not much wind on the way in...there was plenty in town when it came to trying to photograph the blossom on trees and other things in the botanics. I got a few I'm looking forward to seeing...will put the films in tomorow (only managed 2 and a bit films tho :eek: )

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Hope Rob's knees aren't too sore after all the walking? Hope you got the right bus too ;)

4. robkat

robkat Well-Known Member

Andy

no problem with bus, one at the stop outside the gates as I got there.

A bit sore today, may have to rest and let my Wife look after me.

Thanks to you and the guys for a great day, will try to sort out some images later.

cheers

5. The Circle Of Confusion

The Circle Of Confusion Well-Known Member

No puking as far as I know. But I was slightly intoxicated. The pub had Theakson's on draught, I was powerless to resist :D

It was good to see you all. I think another meeting of the "northern chapter" is required soon.

6. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

Hello all,

It all went a bit hazy as 6 or 7 gradually wittled their way down to Andrew and me wandering (staggering...) through the New town.

Glad everyone got home, and I think everyone had a good day - so where shall we have the next trip? I have a couple of places I still want to do at night. Grangemouth refinery and the city centre - anyone fancy heading out soon?

K

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Don't forget to post the photos in the Exhibition Lounge so we can see what happened :)

8. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

I second the motion for another northern outing. this time i'll make sure I don't decide to go for a drunken hike the day before, resulting in blisters on the soles of both feet....It was rather uncomfortable by the end of the day. Eased by a few beers...wish i could have stayed for more.

The weather didn't play ball on Saturday. Seemed to be in the wrong place for the light at the end of the day....sod's law....no matter where we would have chosen I bet the sun would have appeared elsewhere....

At least that's my excuse for creating 60 dodgy pics.... :D

9. crymble

Hmm, I've had a quick look at mine, and it looks like I took them after the drinks by the standard of most of them.

I'll post a few though in the next few daya.

K

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No sneaking out for retakes ;)

We did have beer for lunch aswell as dinner so will be interesting to see what folks post...suspect Rob and Paul managed more than 60 shots as they hardly had their cameras away from their eyes! Think I took about 80 and am expecting quite a few spoiled by wind shake (plus all the ones I otherwise mucked up :eek: ). Hopeful of quite a few tho :)

Was it Duncan that recomended the Ptarmigan beer? Wasn't too keen on that...had to wash the taste away with even more Stella!! (forgot they had bottled beers too :eek: )

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Yes! Yes! Ill try n make it this time :) Hopefully by then someone will have given me an offer and I wont be faffing about with pictures all night :D

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Giving you an offer of what? A faffing??

Will start a new thread to discuss suggestions for more outings...plenty places round these parts I enjoy taking pictures so others might too?

13. The Circle Of Confusion

I've got 4 rolls to develop. I might do them tonight if I get home in time.

What was the name of the boozer that had Theakson XB? I want to make a note so I can pop in next time I'm up there.

14. crymble

I think it was the Bailie - never been there before Saturday.

K

P.S. Though you should try the Caley 80 over the XB - far better.

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

The Baillie just up from Stockbridge...can recomend the food there too as we have team lunches there now and again. (we kinda forgot dinner and just went for beer!)

For the record Pam, both pubs visited were non smoking (they all are) and had a real fire on the go :) There are stacks to chose from...just so you know what you missed ;)

16. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Boo. :(

17. The Circle Of Confusion

Cheers. I'll add it to my list of watering holes :D

18. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

I can second the baille as well.... good pub....no intrusive music...the occasional lively local, but then every good pub should have one of those. A proper, social drinking pub...by that I mean everyone is drinking and mostly happily talking nonsense.... :D :D :D

i think I should change my nickname to the seconder.... :rolleyes: