1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanner required for 35mm slides and negatives

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Ray Proudfoot, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot Well-Known Member

Thanks but it doesn't really answer my question. I guess none of you have had a failed component. I accept it's a low risk but I'd like the rules qualifying so an enquiry to the author seems the best course of action.

2. Ray Proudfoot

Before digital came along we didn't have that luxury of course. It would have been near impossible and very expensive to ask the printers to diffuse the image.

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

It does not say or mean that at all it says...
    It does not say that you can not replace your computer and reload it with Vuescan. Which you can, and I did it last month as an upgrade to a faster machine.
    It does not link your computer to the Vuescan serial number, registration or email... but needs all three to work.

If you replace or sell your computer you must remove Vuescan from it before you move it on.

When I lost my details due to a computer failure, Ed Hamrick dug out my original details for me, so that I could reload it on a new computer.

Ray Proudfoot likes this.
  4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The personal use licence allows for Vuescan to be installed on up to 4 computers. Only one should be used at a time. If installed on more than one computer and used by more than one person multiple licenses are needed equal to the number of users. A database of licence-keys is kept in case you cannot find your invoice. You'll find this info. on the purchase page.

5. Ray Proudfoot

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Reinstalled my copy several times when changing computers. No problem - just install and fill in the required details.

7. Terrywoodenpic

I just look up my original purchase of Vueprint and Vuescan which was 0n 30-07-2001 some 16 years ago.
    It has come a long way since those days in what it can do and the speed it can do it. the quality it produces has also greatly improved as well, so the basic algorithms must also have been rewritten.

Vueprint was a basic Jpeg viewer which had been a necessary program in those days. as viewers were not built in to many programs or systems.

It cost $40 back then, compared to $89 today. In relative terms it is more affordable today.

8. Ray Proudfoot

Thanks all, very helpful. Looking at the main VueScan page it states film/slides can be scanned to JPEG/TIFF/RAW. On my demo version I can't choose RAW. Will that option become available once purchased?

9. Terrywoodenpic

I do not think you will find scanning to raw very useful, as it is the Scanners raw out put. Photoshop and the like do not have the where-with-all to make anything of it.
    However Vuescan can revisit those raw files and process them later. The option is on the output tab of the pro version.

10. Terrywoodenpic

What you can do is save files as a Tiff/ Dng which will open in Adobe raw for adjustment.

11. Ray Proudfoot

Yes, that's what I've been doing but with PE14.