1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanner choices?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by KierFX, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I've used the Epson Perfection V600 scanner for a while, which can handle all formats and found it very good and easy to use. The ICE software is quite good at handling dust marks etc. Not sure if it would fit your requirements though. New it retails just above the £200 mark.

2. Benchmark

Benchmark Well-Known Member

'Nuff said. Time I gave Vuescan another try. :)

3. Benchmark

Benchmark Well-Known Member

I suspect these effects are exacerbated by the LED light sources used in some film scanners, including my Nikon and Minolta scanners.

If this is the case I wonder whether there would be any value in using some kind of diffusing film on the illuminated side of the photographic film when scanning, or whether this would attenuate light to the point that scanning darker transparencies would become problematic?

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yes indeed; on the Multipro group, somebody came up with the Scanhancer, which was basically exactly that, a simple diffuser. Works, too.

Benchmark likes this.
  5. Beverley

Beverley Member

Hello,

I am listening :) Sorry for the delay - just been busy. VueScan and the unlimited time trial is what we have found the majority of people prefer. If we time limit it then we have people who tell us they need more time - so it is a case of trying to satisfy the majority of people.

What might be of interest to readers here is that last month we asked on our Facebook page what people would like to see in a monthly newsletter - and we had so many responses requesting detailed help with film scanning,and hardware help, and details about the options in VueScan that we are putting this together now and the first 'new' newsletter should go out next week. As it will have general tips on scanning and about hardware it may be of interest to you - even if you're not a VueScan user :) Feel free to email me with any questions: beverley@hamrick.com.

6. Beverley

Beverley Member

I am listening - just posted a reply - sorry a bit late! Beverley.