1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Galaxy s7

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by caledonia84, Aug 29, 2016.

1. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

I began taking photos maybe 6 or so years ago on my then Samsung Galaxy phone. I quickly moved on to a bridge then CSC and left the mobile phone as a tool for recording lists, notes etc. Not until now with Samsungs 7th incarnation have I felt different about they're cameras.

They seam to be on to a winner here although still quite limited the clever 12mp sensor on this thing works quite well I think!

[​IMG]Morton Loch (S7) by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Samsung s7 (testing) by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Samsung S7 test by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Nearside Middle S7 by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Biffy! (S7) by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Biffy! (S7) by Scott Hills, on Flickr

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Yes it is surprisingly good, even my now ageing Galaxy S5 takes has often surprised me.

3. caledonia84

I went from the s5 to the s7 if you're thinking of upgrading I can highly recommend it

4. martin willmott

martin willmott Well-Known Member

doesn't the S7 burst into flames in your pocket? :eek:

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Nope. That was the Note 7.

The S7 camera does seem quite decent and a big step up from the S5 as Scott says.

6. martin willmott

martin willmott Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder if smartphones will make cameras obsolete eventually

7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

8. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Hard to say if they ever will, the problem for me is zoom, or the lack of it... Phone is fine for many things and has almost replaced my compact camera but then I need a zoom... Phones with their digital zoom just don't give the results I want to see.

9. caledonia84

Yes sorry, as mentioned above Its the note 7 that's flammable. I really wanted one however I'd have had to wait a month extra to get one so I went for the s7 instead, for once it appears my impatience worked in my favour. Not only could it have proved deadly but also highly embarrassing due to my line of work, the guys at the station would never have let me live it down if I set my own house on fire.

I tend to agree that the lack of a usable zoom really limits mobile phone cameras they do have their use though!

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Cute but obviously somewhat critical of fish fingers beanz and chips. He's had enough.
    This might be a strong contender for that Wessing competition. Darcey's expression expresses a certain disdain for the lunch that Wessing so rewards.
    Its a lovely shot. The expression is perfect, the lighting either by design or otherwise, perfect; you know that lightening of the background around his head and the nice catch light in his eyes.