1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Rumour no more, K-S1 announced.

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Dear Pentax,

Disco lights?... really?!...........

Where's FF camera Monobod keeps dreaming about?

:D

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Probably there the 645d was... In the 'getting it right' vat for 5 years. ;) :p ;)

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I really don't think that's going to ever happen :eek:

Jack

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have given up worrying about FF, now that the K-3 Prestige is awaiting delivery sometime this month. Had a chat this morning with SRS and they have been amazed by the K-3's performance when running tests against the opposition offerings.

Apparently, the sensor is so good it is showing small imperfections in some of the earlier film lenses. I may have to watch for that. They have noticed differences when using the camera with the latest Limited primes with the latest coatings. The results are 'staggering'. Not surprising I suppose.

I think I will be keeping the K-5 for some time too as a back up body and may use it with the older lenses if they are not up to it on the K-3. Can't really justify spending out on new primes just yet. They favour the 15mm f/4, but it is nearly £600. Ouch! :)

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I don't think I've seen a bad shot from the 15/4, David, but, like you, the price … ouch :eek: but it is so nice, small, sharp … hmmmmm ;)

Cheers,

Jack