1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumour no more, K-S1 announced.

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Dear Pentax,

Disco lights?... really?!...........

Where's FF camera Monobod keeps dreaming about?

:D

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Probably there the 645d was... In the 'getting it right' vat for 5 years. ;) :p ;)

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I really don't think that's going to ever happen :eek:

Jack

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have given up worrying about FF, now that the K-3 Prestige is awaiting delivery sometime this month. Had a chat this morning with SRS and they have been amazed by the K-3's performance when running tests against the opposition offerings.

Apparently, the sensor is so good it is showing small imperfections in some of the earlier film lenses. I may have to watch for that. They have noticed differences when using the camera with the latest Limited primes with the latest coatings. The results are 'staggering'. Not surprising I suppose.

I think I will be keeping the K-5 for some time too as a back up body and may use it with the older lenses if they are not up to it on the K-3. Can't really justify spending out on new primes just yet. They favour the 15mm f/4, but it is nearly £600. Ouch! :)

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I don't think I've seen a bad shot from the 15/4, David, but, like you, the price … ouch :eek: but it is so nice, small, sharp … hmmmmm ;)

Cheers,

Jack