1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Lee with Hasselblad 501CM and outdated ORWO film

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Aug 18, 2019.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Went on a Coach to Ware in Hertforshire where we got a boat for 2.5 Hours on River Lee, with Fish'n'Chips Lunch to Hertford and Coach back to Brentwood I used up a 1993 Dated ORWO NP22 film which I processed in my Homemade FX-4 Formula 1+1 for 7.5 mins @ 20oC. Canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7
    50mm f4 CFi Distagon T* Zeiss lens usually at f5.6 and f8
    River Lee 01.jpg River Lee 03.jpg River Lee 07.jpg
    80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* Zeiss lens
    River Lee 09.jpg River Lee 10.jpg River Lee 11.jpg

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Like #4 a lot.

Surely you weren't given the Hasselblad for free like many of your other cameras?

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Gulp! Didn't the emulsion slide off the film at that temperature? :eek:

Still, going by the piccies you got it right. :D

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

They are wonderful and it takes me right back to my days of b&w photography with Orwo. I used to buy that film in bulk and had great fun with it. I didn't have a Hasselblad though. My old Pentax cameras had to do the trick, but with some good 2nd hand lenses picked up in London.
    Like Zou, I like #4 a lot!

5. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Ha Ha ! Thanks all -- 20oC is 68oF so the correct temperature -- you had me worried at first ! NO -- I had to BUY the Hasselblad - used my Government Pension Tax Free Lump Sum and as I was a Professional Photographer it was Tax Deductible over several years. I did a few weddings and Press Photos on it .Only a couple of 1993 ORWO NP22 left out of 100 bought before they went bust due to having to pay West German wages. All the 35mm NP22 went years ago.

6. Catriona

Don't you mean 20C? Surely not 200C?
    Anyway, what you did worked well. :)

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Or possibly 20°C...;)

For anyone who's interested the ° symbol can be typed by pressing & holding the 'Alt' key then typing 248 on the number keypad. This works for Windows PCs, possibly it works on Macs using their equivalent to 'Alt'.

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

Show off! Haha! Thanks.

9. Andrew Flannigan

Option-K on a Mac (e.g. ˚C) or Shift-option-8 if you want a bigger one (e.g. °C)

10. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

20°C Oh YES ! Not a lot of people Know That ( in my Best Michael Caine Accent)

11. Andrew Flannigan

Yay!!! :D

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

How do you type ° if you have a short keyboard without a number pad?

13. Andrew Flannigan

I imagine the ordinary number keys will work just as well.

14. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Darker and Cooler Days coming up so into darkroom soon and will print some of these with a bit of darkening, cropping and such like , to 16x12" on Kentmere paper.

15. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

A few weeks out of date now, but a few options for you...

1) if you are using Windows, open the Character Map program, and select the Degree Sign (U+00B0).

OR
    2) hold down the Alt key and type 0176 on the keypad i.e. NOT the numbers above the QWERTY keys. (Note: I do realise that you've already said you have a short keyboard)

OR
    3) if you're on a laptop with a Fn key and alternative keypad key markings (sometimes in a different colour), hold down the Alt + Fn keys together, and type 0176.

OR
    4) if you're using a Mac, don't ask me, ask someone else. :)

16. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I always use a superscript o

17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

° on an iPad. Select number option (.?123) button, press and hold 0 and the ° sign will appear above, then slide finger up to select it.

Macbook, press alt (option) 0 and you'll get º.