1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviving an Eos 3

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I bought my Eos 3 around 2000 when Canon were offering a 550EX flash as part of a package with an EF 28-135 zoom. Unfortunately it didn't get much use as digital was arriving, and I bought a 10D in 2003. Once I bought an Eos 5D the zoom was sold fairly quickly, and replaced with the better performing EF 28-105 Mk II.

I attempted to revive it yesterday, and the first two 2CR5s registered "bc", but the third 2CR5 had enough power to get it working again. What a wonderful sound! I'm hoping that my daughter will make good use of it at a family funeral, and get some snaps which hopefully will stand the test of time. It will be heavier than her Eos 1200D, but at least the major controls should be fairly familiar to her. I expect to use my Leica M6 loaded with HP5+, or TriX.

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

They are very loud, I had a pair of them, perhaps a little too intrusive in the circumstances though?

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

That's quite a consideration - perhaps my daughter could try using my Retina IIIC, but I doubt if I could teach her the basics in the short time available to us. I've got an Eos 602, and perhaps that will be quieter. We won't be taking snaps during the service, but at a wake afterwards - if there is one.