1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review focus points.

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Bill Stewardson, May 16, 2018 at 9:35 AM.

1. Hello to all.

Is it possible to review focus point used after downloading into CS4 ?

Many thanks

Bill.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If you are thinking about the Canon DPP option then I think not. If camera raw supported it then I'm sure Adobe would have made it available in LR. I find little use for it these days as I always select the focus point. Since Canon went to the LCD overlay for focus points they don't light up anymore for manual focussing which was the only use I made of the auto function. It was useful to indicate the plane of focus using a tilt/shift lens.

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I doubt it, I certainly can't in CS3. Focus point indication appears to be an OEM software/hardware specific option and is information in the file that only the appropriate OEM software can read.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

The focus point information is present in the Canon and Nikon RAW files. As long as you're working with the RAW file, there are solutions.

For example, if you use Lightroom, there's this plugin - http://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/

I don't know if there are tools which work outside of Lightroom (I suspect there are) or how they integrate to CS4.

5. Cheers Sid.

6. Thanks Tony.