1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning a Lithium ion Battery

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Minolta_7, Nov 6, 2019 at 1:00 PM.

1. Minolta_7

Minolta_7 Member

Is this even possible? I need to return a camera battery to Amazon (who I've already contacted BTW and they didn't help much) I realise I need to send it by courier as Royal Mail won't accept loose batteries but I haven't managed to find a courier who will accept them either. Has anyone else found a way round this problem? Thanks.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Didn't Amazon give you a return label? When I've had to return stuff they've always presented a link to a label page.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

That's not the problem. It's the battery itself. I had to order one recently and the first supplier said he couldn't send it to me. I then ordered one from Wex and it came no problems. I would get in touch with the seller (or Amazon) and ask for them to arrange pick-up.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Lithium ion batteries can catch fire if punctured and there are restrictions on their carriage. Clearly they need to go from A to B so there must be recommended containers of some description. Loose batteries in an envelope is a no-no.

5. Minolta_7

Minolta_7 Member

Thanks for the answers. Amazon told me to use Parcelmonkey but I can't find a courier who will take it. I hadn't realised there was a problem with posting them when I ordered otherwise I might have thought twice. It looks as if I will have to ask Amazon to pick it up themselves, that should be interesting:mad:

Catriona likes this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Some carriers don't ask questions. I had no difficulty returning batteries to Nikon when they had that exchange program for D500 and D850 buyers..