1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Registry cleaning heads up...

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by swanseadave, Jun 19, 2019.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It's worth reading the Wikipedia entry on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner (although it's marked as needing additional citations)

Personally I find the registry to be one of the best reasons for avoiding Windows. :(

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't mess with it (the registry) unless I had a genuine and serious problem.

4. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

I use CCleaner which has an option to save before deleting any reg edits it applies just in case, Never had an issue...Yet