1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red October -- Commie Camera Month !

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Oct 27, 2017.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I went out with my Russian FED 4 to support the RED OCTOBER -- use your Commie Cameras month on Flickr
    At the same time I was testing some 04/2000 dated Kodak Gold 200 a Kind Gent had zsent me to see if i could get anything off it as it was so 'Old' and HE was given it with some free camera gear. So I downrated it and home-processed in C41 -- the negs were a little 'weak' -- film needed a little longer in the C41 developer but I managed to get some results -- I CUT the film and processed a short length. LENS is the Industar 61 53mm f2.8
    A Filipina Friend at Iceland Store, Brentwood f4.5

[​IMG]Fed 4 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Bright Light -- I could use f11
    [​IMG]Fed 4 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Contre-Jour ---- f4.5

[​IMG]Fed 4 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Used f4.5 to put background out of focus
    [​IMG]Fed 4 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Catriona, Zou and steveandthedogs like this.
  2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I always manage to forget about Red Oct.

Nice work, Pete

S

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Not the end of the month just yet -- get out there with a Zenith, Zorki, FED or another Glorious Soviet machine, Comrade !

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Ooh, I believe the roll I am about to send off from my Moskva-4 has a couple taken in October on it!

Adrian

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Don't use film any more, but have fond memories of the Zenit E, my first SLR. People look at them and scoff sometimes, but what an intro to photography.
    The other plus was that if anyone were to try and mug you for it, a smack round the knees with it would see them walking in circles:confused: