1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rectangles

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Feb 15, 2017.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]feet-splash-red by lfc-1892, on Flickr

Plenty of therm in this scene, some uniform, others tilted due to viewing angle etc. Not sure if the shot knows what it is though. I like the feet and the blanket (covered in rectangles too), as they add a human element to the shot, but then maybe too much so, and in doing so, confusing the scene...

Massive oversharpening courtesy of Flickr.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's the feet and the blanket that prevent the assortment of rectangles becoming a confusion by separating the upper set from the lower and giving an alternative point of interest. Take away the human element and I think you'd find the rectangles in the boxes countering the ones in the top as they are generally more brightly illuminated.

The legs also give a hint of a story which should appeal to those who look for one in every image.

Another :cool::cool::cool: for me.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes there are, but for me it is struggling to hang together as a concept. More about a bloke sleeping rough, I'd say.

4. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys . Interesting and helpful views as always.
    Just picked up a 14mm prime so will be maybe playing more with such close up scenes. Could be a steep learning curve though...