1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Recommended photo database software

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Franco50, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Franco50

Franco50 New Member

I am planning to digitise and catalogue my large collection of 35mm negatives. Does anyone have a recommended photo database software package? It would need to have a keyword search facility to assist the location of images.

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I've found that Adobe Lightroom is good for that. It's how I catalogue my digital files.

3. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Extensis Portfolio is a great programme for cataloging photos, it appears to cope with large collections really well.

That having been said I don't use it - because it doesn't have any editing capabilities.

I used to use aperture (MAC only) but they are very slow in adding new RAW formats. I gave up waiting for them to add the Fuji S5 and have switched my loyalties to Adobe Lightroom.

4. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

I looked at several a couple of years ago and settled on IMatch.

5. Franco50

Franco50 New Member

Thanks for the replies ladies and gents, I shall look at your suggestions. ;)