1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Kate - somehow, I'd completely missed this in the news, yesterday. After seeing your post this morning, I took a quick look on the Grauniad website, and found a video of the 'event'.

Watching the fat prat getting his pathetic 'photo-op' advances rejected was such a bloody good laugh. He looked, and sounded, like a bumbling idiot. Hardly surprising, of course.

Catriona likes this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

We might be getting our external mains leak fixed at no cost. Still have my fingers crossed though.

If we do, my anxiety levels will go from I'MHAVINGAPROBLEM to thingsaren'tgreatbutwe'recoping

Zou, daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Got a letter from my MSP re my informing him of anti-social behaviour over the last few months at a local gathering place in the castle grounds. He enclosed a letter from the chief commander police with their response. I'm just hopeful the various organisations mentioned actually do something. At present, it's us locals who clear up after them and bear the brunt of the language thrown at us. Fingers crossed for a resolution. Personally, I'd prosecute their parents!

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My colleagues are amazing. I have cards and really great birthday presents from them.
    Bumped into a very old friend who worked with me at Mary's turns out he now works round the corner from me

EightBitTony likes this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Had my flu jab this morning and my WFP hit the bank even earlier. Which is nice.

Especially as I have an eye-test in an hour's time, which is probably going to cost a bit in new specs...

6. EightBitTony

Severn Trent have dug a hole.

TheyMightBeFixingItAlert

7. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Sounds like birthday wishes should be winging your way

8. Catriona

Yeah!

9. EightBitTony

Still a reason to be cheerful. They've found the leak, it's in the pipe under the house, so not fixable, but they just bypass it, run some new pipe in through the side of the house. They assure us it looks worse than it is, and it's a minor leak with no lasting damage. Should be fixed in a day or two.

2019-11-19 17.06.18.jpg

Zou, daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

So, on the one hand, my age gets me 25% discount on the new specs, quite a few Boots points, my eyesight is actually getting a bit better and the super new equipment they have means that they can do a more thorough examination.

On the other, because of the super new equipment, the young lady optician in charge discovered a tiny area of scarring off to one side of the lining of my aye and is referring me to the ophthalmologist(?) at the local hospital.

Ho hum. :rolleyes:

Zou likes this.
  11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Good news, was it difficult to persuade them to pay?

12. EightBitTony

Severn Trent have been utterly fantastic throughout the whole process bar one small moment of confusion.

Catriona likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm unusual (stop sniggering at the back!) but I'm certainly of the view that it's always good when doctors/medical folk find things and get them checked out; better to know what's up and get it dealt with than carry on in ignorance and potentially end up with something too developed to treat.

14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Slight cock-up at Olympus Europe...

Olympus.jpg

Well, it made me smile.

And while there is a link for those having trouble viewing it, there isn't one for those who can view it, but don't read Russian! :rolleyes:;)

15. EightBitTony

Absolute silence in the bathroom. No sound of water running through the pipework.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  16. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

These showers that save water are marvellous aren't they..:rolleyes:

Glad your watery woes appear to be over

EightBitTony likes this.
  17. Catriona

Still a little in credit on my gas and electricity statement. And it has been cold!

18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

What's that about? I'm over 75. Am I missing out on something?

19. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Wessex water finaly realised that the mtered high usage early last year was due to a leak so they pushed the direct debit way up, the leak was repaired but the direct debit stayed high, but I've just had a statement they've given me a rebate of £305, just in time for black Friday!!!!!

20. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

When I bought my house, the first water bill was £200, so I had a meter installed; the next bill was £100. Since then, it has increased massively over 25years and is now £104.

S