1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

You are a wicked boy! Hehe!!

dream_police likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I didn't understand a word of the previous post.

But did just get back from the leisure centre where we successfully experimented with a new form of tennis we saw a group learning the other week. Played on a Badminton court with Racquetball rackets, foam practice tennis balls and net at half mast. Can't find any reference online, it isn't soft tennis, short tennis etc. Anyone seen it?

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In-laws unaffected by the crazy rains/flooding in their prefecture (Chiba). Saw some pictures of a railway station I know well, about knee to thigh deep in floodwater. :eek:

peterba and Catriona like this.
  5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Got the bent dog attachment thing out the seatbelt clip:D. Now just need to superglue the casing back on as it wasn't meant to come apart....or some nice black tape :oops:.
    PSX_20191026_213527.jpg

6. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Totally unexpected cheque for £56 in the post this morning

Despite my boss telling me I wouldn't get paid for being off sick as I had to wait until 9 months after passing my probation before I could have more than 5 days, which I'd already used. I was braced for a fight be as everything I read said it was after a year from the start of my contract not after I passed my probation

I got the two days sick pay

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Bonus, Lesley! Pop that in a pot marked "treat" and use it for something special!

RTBnotC: My cold frame collapsed on Saturday, depositing all my spuds which were drying in it in a soggy heap.

RTBC Very little real damage was done, I now have good reason to replace the thing (which didn't owe me anything anyway, I reckon it's 7 or 8 years old), and the bits that survived are now acting as storage racks in my shedette. A good day home gardening had!

Adrian

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

RTBC? It's a year, almost to the day since I completed on my new house. I got a card from the estate agent! On examination it was hand written and addressed, which surprised me.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

You'll have to get some straw and build a clamp!

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Oh, and the sky's turned clear with the MW visible, as it was on my first night here a year ago.

11. gray1720

Very true - would save space in the back passsage as well!
    (We have a flat roofed area at the back of the house that used to be a through passage containing the outside bog and - I guess - a coal store. So guess what we call it...)

That personal touch feels nice, doesn't it, Dave? We bought via a small local agency four years ago and still get a hand-delivered Christmas card each year. As a result we've recommended them to anyone we know house hunting locally. What I noticed about them first was that when we went out to look at houses, they all drove small cars...

12. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

RTBC: One week of work to go before I have a week off, which should involve meeting a very special person.....

Catriona likes this.
  13. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Not your maker we trust? Russian bride? Receiving a knighthood? Audition with Simon Cowell?

14. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Russian bride? - What about a nice Thai, - Hopefully not Ting Tong ....

15. Catriona

Don't expect you see many reports like this in your neighbourhoods:

Road blocked by old iron boat wreck at Scalpay - car on roof - 2 car collision

It would appear no-one was hurt.

16. gray1720

We need a link!

Catriona likes this.
  17. Catriona

I'm afraid it was a report from a friend who lives there! No doubt the local paper will report it... sometime!

18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I’m 55 next week and I have just had a letter from my pension provider advising that my pension is now index linked as I’m 55. So a fairly respectable increase for me.

peterba and Catriona like this.
  19. Catriona

Lucky you! It all helps. :)

dream_police likes this.
  20. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Rather not be 55 though!

Catriona likes this.