1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Do or dud.

Graeme

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Now you know what it feels like.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Bogoff was stuffed on the timetable vote. Wonder what his next wizar wheeze will be.

4. gray1720

Raiding the tuckshop?

John Farrell likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Tuskshop perhaps?

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. gray1720

*snorts tea through nose*

Learning and Zou like this.
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Trumping...

8. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I have very mixed feelings on that. One one hand my head tells me that he should have been stuffed - expecting vitally important and complex legislation to be passed in two days just isn't on. On the other hand I can't help feeling that the opponents (victors in this case) just see it as an opportunity to make mischief - and that I thoroughly deprecate.

I can't help feeling that if it was a bill to offer another Scottish Independence referendum or a bill to enhance workers rights (whatever that means) that either bill would have been passed in moments.

We live in interesting times as someone once said.

MickLl

9. Catriona

Or even a bill to reject the EU's forthcoming Law on declaring offshore bank accounts.

10. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Damn' doctor told me I really had to cut back on my evening gin and tonic, but I found that a gin, fresh orange juice and a splash of soda is an excellent substitute.

I'm sure he'll be pleased when I tell him.

Gezza, Learning, Zou and 2 others like this.
  11. Catriona

Ha! Good one! I was told I shouldn't have a glass of wine with my dinner, so I start early instead! :p

Gezza and Zou like this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

and presumably one after dinner is ok....

LesleySM, Zou, Gezza and 1 other person like this.
  13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

RTBC

I was due a refund for something where I cancelled and the company did it Monday, PayPal confirmed Monday they had refunded the money to my debit card, my bank said it could take 5-7 working days to show, it showed this morning so I am now in the for me unusual position of being comfortably off on the day before payday

steveandthedogs likes this.
  14. gray1720

Hurrah! Don't spend it all at once... think carefully, *then* spend it all at once!

Adrian

LesleySM likes this.
  15. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Maybe at the 'Bells', you can celebrate with sparkling instead of tap-water? :rolleyes:

gray1720 likes this.
  16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I believe there will be a few bubbles in my pint tonight

Gezza likes this.
  17. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

don't see what other compromise point there is.
    Indeed we do. I suspect the writing is now on the wall and Boris knows he will win in the end. As I said before, over time, leave with a deal has become the compromise solution. A perceptual (although not actual) mid point. The defection of many Labour MPs confirms it. Given you can't be half pregnant, I don't see what other compromise point there is. But I will go on opposing.

18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I came home from work just now and one of our friends was there with my wife. The friend is in the middle of writing her first novel. In it there is a sex scene. To come in to the house hearing my wife and the friend discussing whether the word clitoris, or a slang word (her little nub) would be better and other things regarding a sex act, made me smile. She was a bit embarrassed.

spinno likes this.
  19. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Did you proffer an opinion or offer to demonstrate..:eek:;)

20. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I was told to go out of the room. I did offer one suggestion about something else she could add but I was dismissed. I think it may have been too rude!

RovingMike and Catriona like this.