1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Seemingly an infection with Trumpitis - "I'm above the law............."

Lynn

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

If he does not write the letter, a certain Scottish lawyer/MP will take him to Court - again!

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

He said he will send a letter from the Govt, not from himself. Remember, he is spending megabucks of your money on lawyers to find ways round. He is a total snake.

First pics from today's march in Exhibitions, but I have to do the LibDems ones, before sorting out more.

Andrew Flannigan and Catriona like this.
  4. Catriona

Agree. Hr will do anything to stay in power.
    Will go and have a look at your pictures!

5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

The Letwin amendment has played right into the hard Brexiteers hands. Now, if there is a 'No deal' exit, and the economy tanks and unemployment soars, then Letwin will get all the blame, to be shared by Corbyn and those others who supported the amendment - "...but we had a great deal, and you all blew it.".

6. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

There was a video clip on the Best for Britain FB feed (which I can't manage to paste here), it is a BBC interview with member of the ERG, John Baron, he says the ERG would only be supporting Johnson's deal once they had assurances that they could walk away with 'No Deal' further down the line. He claimed he had been given the assurances by Raab and Gove, but wanted them from Johnson, as he voted for the deal, it would be fair to assume he got the assurance he needed.

The ERG want 'No Deal', so I would suspect anything they agree to, has a 'No Deal' option in it somewhere.

7. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I think the Court of Session warned Mr Johnson that sending a contradictory letter would be considered contempt.....the PM might be in Edinburgh tomorrow....Saughton hopefully.

Graeme

8. Catriona

Hope so.

9. Trannifan

Apparently a letter has been sent - but unsigned! Also there is a second letter trying to explain why bojo didn't want to send the first, unsigned, letter............

Lynn

10. Catriona

I think I'd just put him in a playpen and stick a dummy in his mouth. then he can play with himself - sorry! Play by himself until a suitable home is found for him.

Trannifan and peterba like this.
  11. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It’s pathetic isn’t it?

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  12. Trannifan

Not only that - the unsigned letter is apparently a photocopy!

On the other hand, hopefully MPs will face up to their responsibilities and go through the small print with a fine tooth comb.

Lynn

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The letter was very expertly crafted to make Bojo look like a liar if he signed it under 'yours sincerely' and open to criticsm if he did not. Any judge can see through that silly and disreputable ploy.

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Beautiful sunny day for a walk in the Mourne mountains. Also, cheerful that a slip/dunk in a stream didn't result in any damage to phone/digi camera/film camera. Just a wet bag. Phew.

15. Catriona

Glad you all survived! A bit chilly though?

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

My walking shoes are great in mud, awful on wet rocks. As a result I had a slip whilst crossing a stream. Foot went in but I rolled backwards over the rock i slipped from and dunked my bag in. I escaped with just a wet cuff on the sleeve of the arm I put into the water to push myself up.

Whilst having lunch afterward we saw two mountain rescue vehicles head to a similar location as someone had slipped and broken a leg according to a walker who came down past the incident. So I think I did well to come out unscathed.

Catriona likes this.
  17. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I won £40 on the lottery last night. It will definitely change me.

Catriona likes this.
  18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Given his lack of sincerity, it would have just added to his dishonesty. I seldom have cause to write formal letters, but I believe 'yours faithfully' would be the correct way to sign this letter.

19. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

You weren't too far from me then. I was down in Tollymore Forest.

Zou likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just down the road, Meelmore Lodge.