1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Indeed, Kate. Despite repeated extreme weather events, the unbelievably well-informed (and I use the "unbelievably" with good reason) Bore-is Johnson seems to think that the environmental protesters can be readily dismissed... because he thinks that they all smell of hemp. :confused: :rolleyes:

It's truly reassuring to know that our future is in safe hands. o_O :confused: :(

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

As is said, When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the losers.

peterba likes this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

My energy company, Bulb, just wrote to say they are reducing my monthly payments because I am a princely £24 over the expected amount in credit over the summer. BG used to rack up £1,500 credit without ever telling me. And I love Bulb's style. Their email ends with:

"Have a great day, and don’t spend it all at once. Or do. We’re not your parents."

DaveM399 and Zou like this.
  4. Catriona

At my airport today. Not my picture but just to prove to some of you we can cope! I thought I heard something different today.

ap red arrows.jpg

daft_biker and Learning like this.
  5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Were they trying to deliver your camera batteries?

Catriona and Zou like this.
  6. Catriona

Haha! Wish I'd known they were coming today, that would have been useful.

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Here's a couple - an amusing insight into my domestic arrangements c/o the local Herpes driver:
    IMG_6342.jpg

And my Lithops are flowering!

IMG_6340.jpg

RovingMike, Catriona and Zou like this.
  8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

At least he didn't say by where you hide your spare front door key.;)

gray1720 likes this.
  9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Today's reason to be cheerful:

I received an e-mail on Sunday morning, telling me that I'd won a 'lucky dip' ticket in Saturday night's lottery which was nice, but something I instantly forgot about.

I've received another e-mail this morning telling me that my 'lucky dip' ticket has won a prize in yesterday evening's lottery. Setting the expectation of my winnings to be somewhere in the region of £2.50, I've just signed in to discover that I've won £117! That's the most I've ever won on the lottery - I promise I won't let the money change me!

Cheers, Jeff

10. Catriona

Got my Lumix battery today via carrier. You would not have believed the huge envelope it arrived in!

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I'm cheerful because I was charged an "Adult" entry yesterday at the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition.

12. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I ordered 2 packs of a2 paper from epson and it came in a box 800mm square

Catriona likes this.
  13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Kyle Sinckler's try.

spinno and Learning like this.
  14. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Lets not forget Jonny May (x2), and Anthony Watson. Farrel for conversions as well.
    It is not just about the people who score. Its also about stopping the other lot scoring. Curry had a brilliant game.

spinno likes this.
  15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Yes, but there's something special about a prop running in from 20m out. Rumour is there's already 30m, 2x hand-off and a sidestep been added. :D

16. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

It made my day. His smile said it all. I pity his grandchild.

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I bet there was loads of sympathy amongst you as the Australians scored that try in the last minute or two that was disallowed for the forward pass..:rolleyes:
    Imagine running all that distance for no reward

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Watched Bogoff Johnson's drubbing at the hands of Oliver Letwin live on the BBC. Now let's see if and how he squirms out of it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

19. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I really didn't think you wanted a no-deal Brexit, for I fear that is what will now happen. Macron has already said enough is enough, Orban looks like he would like to rock the EU boat to build right wing support at home, and I hear that Greece will try to get a write-off of some of its European debt, in exchange for supporting an extension, but the EU has already said ruled that out.

Catriona likes this.
  20. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It's reached the point where I'd almost take no-deal to watch the gammons whinging when they realise what it really means. I'll take the risk of losing my house to see a few of the mis-spelt Danish kings of England get shafted by their own gammon horn.

I'm with Martin on the Sinckler try - there aren't many props I can recall doing that, maybe Matt Stevens before he decided Bolivian marching powder was a good call, and his look of delight was worth a dozen trys from the glory boys.

I was nearly - nearly mind you - as sympathetic for the Aussie as I am for the utter cockwomble currently our Prime Prat - sorry, Minister.

Adrian

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.