1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I wouldn't say that. Look nice. There's people would kill for a decent kingfisher.

EightBitTony and saxacat like this.
  2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Alcoholics presumably:rolleyes:

EightBitTony, saxacat and DaveM399 like this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Or those still missing Woolworths?

EightBitTony, saxacat and spinno like this.
  4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Absolutely

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

It's the time of year for fresh figs:)

just got another couple of boxes of them (20) so ok for a couple of days or so. Like prunes, it's difficult to keep consumption down, but not keep the figs down:D

6. Catriona

New indoor aerial arrived. It's tiny! However, info is in Geman, French, Italian and Spanish. Ha!

I have come to the conclusion my problems are trees which have grown a lot behind my house - and when it rains!

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'm home and my own bed tonight. That is reason enough to be happy.

EightBitTony, saxacat and Catriona like this.
  8. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Bye bye Burpcow

9. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Well-Known Member

Yes , let's be cheerful as Bercow* is going - now Boris can do his best to replace him with a BoJo Poodle!!

* Thought you needed a little help with your spelling!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I think you need a bit of help with your spelling too.

11. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Well-Known Member

Much appreciated!

12. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

I did not miss spell, no correction needed.

Many thanks :)

13. Catriona

Should I fit it when the TV is off and see what happens when I switch it on? Or should I unplug the current one and fit the new one when the set is on?

14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I'd do it when the set is off. Quieter and cooler, depending on your TV and how easy it is to get to the back of it.

Catriona likes this.
  15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Without going into detail, my wife had a terrible childhood with a result that she had completely lost contact with everyone in her family. Recently she was contacted by her uncle and this weekend she was reunited with aunts, uncles and cousins (some of whom didn't know she even existed) with whom she'd had no contact with for 40 years. An emotional roller-coaster, but ultimately a happy occasion.

16. Catriona

Happy to hear that. I know a bit about this situation and I know how satisfying it feels to talk to someone in your family circle. It's a hard life going it alone, I know.

saxacat and MJB like this.
  17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Somebody restored the mk1 Ford Fiesta Supersport my brother used to own....

FB_IMG_1568069096027.jpg

Can't remember how many years it sat broken in my garage but the engine was 1740cc and it had some gears out a diesel gearbox to make shorter ratios. Apparently it is an article in a recent Ford magazine but don't know which one.

18. Catriona

Angélys pears are delicious!!

Have you tried them? French and delicious. You think they are not ripe, but they are just slightly firm but juicy and sweet as heck!

Zou likes this.
  19. Catriona

After opening windows here and there to blow away the cobwebs - I ended up chasing and swatting at a bluebottle which had lumbered inside.
    RTBC?
    It ended up at a window and I saw it was a wasp! Managed to get window open and it flew away. Phew!

20. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I've just seen this:

On Johnson replacing May - the first time a robot has been replaced by an unskilled worker.

S

MickLL, Zou, peterba and 6 others like this.