1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Wow - that (to my inexpert eye, at least) is tremendous, Dave!

I've never tried any serious astrophotography, so I find myself in awe of your results. Good to see that your new location is more suitable for this type of work. :)

DaveS likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

He waits before getting indignant. His dinner and ours are served at the same time. Naturally he finishes first, then takes advantage of us being distracted by our own food to scout for scraps in the kitchen. Having done so he returns, silently, to sit at the edge of the table and passive/aggressively try to cute/shame us into giving him something. Despite an almost unblemished record of not succumbing to this tactic, he still tries it faithfully.

Geren likes this.
  3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I hope that you let your cat get a fair reward. Just to give encouragement. By all means keep the back legs, the best bits, and even the saddle which can be a bit dry. Rabbits are vermin yet being vegeterians provide good safe meat. Wild rabbit meat should be eaten. The meat is good lean meat and live rabbits damage young trees and green crops. Some years ago we were importing Chinese farmed rabbit meat. How stupid is that?

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I have never to my knowledge eaten rabbit, but I wouldn't have had the ones on the dunes and around my old house. I saw them later when myxomatosis became evident.

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Jasmine added her 101st medal to the wall and qualified to represent Scotland in a national competition today.:cool:

6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Our dogs are just the same. I usually feed them but even if somebody has, they still look at me with eyes suggesting they are hungry and waiting for their regular meal. Whatever, they make me cheerful everyday.

I had to replace one of our concealed cisterns last week, bought the updated version of the existing one, thought it would be easy to fit but it was a dfferent size and required adjustments to the plumbing. I managed to do that only to find that the button to operate the cistern was completely different and needed a new hole in the unit panel. After much thought, I came up with a solution and it worked. Little things ...

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  7. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Dave and me used to check with each other when either of us went near the kitchen if the other had fed the cats recently

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Claire always gives the pets medicine when they have been prescribed it unless I've been instructed to do it due to exceptional circumstances. And then she will check that I've done it.... Bit like everything else:oops:;)

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Here is our beast and my multi coloured haired daughter.

[​IMG]IMG_6642 by Nigel G, on Flickr

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Our 1st cat as a married couple looked just like that but about half the size!

11. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

He’s a Maine Coon so they are naturally big cats, although he isn’t as big as they can be. He is 2 this year so is not yet fully grown (generally fully grown by 4). He is a solid bugger though.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have not in fact run out of coffee.

Zou likes this.
  13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It looks like we have a Wren planning to nest in our garden. :)

Catriona likes this.
  14. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Watch out though, if his name's 'Christopher' I've heard that he gets a little carried away with the architecture!

Cheers, Jeff

15. Catriona

Noisy wee beggars aren't they? :) Love them.

Zou likes this.
  16. Catriona

Love her moustache! :) :) :p

Hiya!

That's one monster cat!

17. Catriona

Got my washing on the line!

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If there's one song that makes me cheer up it's...

steveandthedogs likes this.
  19. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Keep them coming, I have lurgi so am a bit short of RTBC!

Adrian

20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

RTBC - you have lurgi and I don't.

MJB, dream_police and steveandthedogs like this.