1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Well, the whole country is very divided at the moment, Nige... ;):D

dream_police and Catriona like this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Luckily, our household isn’t. At least after a while her hair will return to normal. Wish I could say the same about our country.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Front to back or side to side? Whole head or just the hair?

Must be better than a quick journey on the M6. How anybody puts up with the M6 on a regular basis has my admiration.

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Just the hair, either side of where the centre parting would be.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Why does that make you happy? I like Arran. Many years ago I ciimbed Southern slabs and another route above or below that behind a competant leader. They gave about 2000 feet of continuous climbing about VD or mild severe. Even having to repair my shared tent, a thousand feet and several miles from the nearest hostalary after a Scottish island breeze did not detract from the pleasures of that wonderful island.

6. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

What about her hair?

Adrian

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Somewhat on the fence with RTBC. Last week we learned that a lump my wife had found was benign, but two days later 5 month pregnant sister in law rushed into hospital and subsequently lost her baby.

9. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your SiL Zou. Glad that your wife is ok. Best wishes to you all.

Zou likes this.
  10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

my RTBC is that I'm on a half day today. I collect my daughter form school and then we are going to do a Ninja Warrior course (not the TV programme). On reflection, I'm not sure that last bit is a reason to be cheerful. :D

11. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Wifey is going skiing Monday with her daughter and leaving me to my own devices. Glorious freedom for a few days.

Probably be bored out of my mind. :(

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Works for me too...back to having time for a cuppa after an early shift and still get the dogs a good walk in daylight.

Catriona likes this.
  13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Frustrating time for me, chasing ever shortening nights, soon we'll be at the equinox then the clocks go forward while chasing galaxies. At least I don't have to be up at stupid o/c.

peterba likes this.
  14. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Now that you've been esconced in the new abode for a while, Dave - how are you finding it? And does the night 'seeing' live up to expectations?

15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Lots of expenses putting right the bodges left by the previous owner, but this part of the country is beautiful.
    Yes, the nights are pretty dark, not pitch black, but dark enough to be a revelation to someone coming from Ruislip. Even the relatively faint winter milky way shows clearly.
    Hoping for some galaxy imaging with a new scope I have incoming.
    Having said all that, I reckon Kate has darker skies.

peterba likes this.
  16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

RTBC- I believe in angels!

Had some unexpected bills and a friend who normally lends me some money mid-month said next month she can't. So I had to face facts there's a whole week or so in April I had zero income and whilst I don't mind for myself what about the cats? It's very frustrating as I know things will improve once I get to the 26th of April but it's the getting there

I am in a cat FB group I have been in it for years (since it was on Usenet) and it has a side group where people can let off steam (mainly created because there's one person on the main group who is exceedingly judgmental and seems to relish everyone else's bad news claiming it wouldn't have happened if they had listened to her in the first place) and I let off some steam there.

Thursday morning two people I have never met in real life but have known online for 20+ years sent me a message asking for my address and telling me they were happy to send cat food and a couple of people saying it was all very well sorting out cat food but they were sending me money not as a loan but because everyone in the group has always wherever possible helped everyone else out (I have done it myself when times were better)

The first cat food delivery arrived tonight. Vicky from Australia said all she could do was send a big sack of Whiskas. Now to me a "big sack" of dried cat food is a 3kg one...This is a 7kg one! They'll be fed on that for a month!

Zou, RovingMike and daft_biker like this.
  17. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

NIce to know that humanity isn't all shitbag (unlike me, of course)

ADrian

18. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

And this morning a 10kg bag of dry cat food arrived! Ganzi is using one bag as a bed and I think his little brain (I love him dearly but even biased as I am I have to admit he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer) has exploded. Of course insomuch as his little brain works he's probably thinking "One day big bag, next day bigger bag" and will be disappointed when tomorrow a bag isn't delivered by fork lift!

Zou likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If they are anything like our Paolo they could eat to excess and then a few hours later act as if deprived for weeks of any sustenance!

Roger Hicks likes this.
  20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hours? Try minutes. We now have a yellow sticky note to post above the empty food bowls to declare whether or not the cat has been fed because whatever the truth of the matter she will tell all and sundry that she is starved and neglected.

RovingMike likes this.